Cracks in concrete patio

I have a 15 x 40 covered patio in front of my living room, . Originally it was a plain concrete slab.
After small cracks developed, the previous owner applied a tough plastic coating that resemble 14" floor tiles.
Now several cracks have re-appeared. They are, at most 1/8" wide. Most of them are just hairline cracks but there is a tiny vertical displacement in one of the cracks. It just looks a little tacky.
Is there anything I can do to eliminate the cracks? Use ceramic tiles with slipsheets over the racks?
Photos: http://home.san.rr.com/iconoclast
Walter The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net