Cracked window -- repair options?

What is the fastest and cheapest way to temporarily repair a cracked window pane? One of our living room window panes is cracked. This is a non-opening window. I'm wondering if those blow-dryer heat sealant plastic kits will work? Does the heat make the plastic stick to the glass pane? (There is no way to wrap the plastic around the molding since this is a non-opening window.
Thanks.
Replace it period.....You cannot fix a crack in a window pane. Want a temp fix, tape.
silicone caulk, and tape. But why did it crack, will it continue.
joebanks wrote:

Duct tape to keep it together while you wait for the repairman. You don't fix them you replace them.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On 8 Aug 2004 21:33:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (joebanks) wrote:

Use clear plastic tape, the kind that is 3" wide, and tape both sides. Clean and dry the glass first.