Cracked weatherstrip around garage door frame

Hi, the white weatherstrip that runs around the frame of my garage door is cracked due to aging. How do I replace them?

See the photo of the crack:

Also the black rubber strip at the bottom of my garage door is also cracked . How to replace this as well? See pic:

Thanks Dennis

Reply to
Dennis C

The garage door weatherstrip looks sort of like an oversized doorstop with the vinyl piece sticking out of it. Pry of the piece of "wood" with the torn vinyl/plastic and cut the replacement to length, nail back up and caulk and paint as required.

The garage door bottom weather strip will slide out of grooves in the bottom of the door to either side. Thread the replacement weatherstrip into the grooves and your done. It helps to use a little liquid soap to make it slide through easier.

All parts you need should be available in the big box stores.

Reply to
NamPhong

I bought this product to weatherstrip the top and sides of my garage door. My house is white, so I didn't have to paint it, but it says it can be painted to match. It has held up very well for more years than I can remember.

DerbyDad03

Take a few pictures of the doors, a few a ways back to get an overall view of each of the doors, and then closeups from inside and outside angles so y ou can show the store clerk/attendee supporter exactly what you need. Incl ude a ruler in the closeup photos to show actual dimensions.

Reply to
hrhofmann