Cracked Washing Machine Overflow Tray

Page 2 of 2

Yup....it really sucks getting old.
Smarty wrote: ...

Beats alternative???
On Sun 08 Jun 2008 06:38:46a, dpb told us...

Indeed it does.
--
Wayne Boatwright
On Sun 08 Jun 2008 06:39:10a, Smarty told us...

Yes, it does. I just try not to think about it too much.
--
Wayne Boatwright
Smarty wrote:

Okay, you don't have room to lever the washing machine up - how about this:
You mount a block an tackle to a joist and winch up the washer. Then you can work under it until everything's just so.
Lower the machine back down to the repaired drain pan.
You can leave the mounting hook in the ceiling to be used as a clothes-hanger for things that have to air dry.

buffalo ny: definitely buy a $12 water alarm with low battery alert. home depot, lowe's, or a sensor add-ons to home alarm systems. maybe buy a can of automotive bondo to form part of the support. also there is a new pair of hot/cold washing machine supply hoses that may also help in specific cases by shutting themselves off (in specific failures of the inlets). see the package at the store. also, spend some time watching the various cycles of the washer drainage speed for backups or blockages of drain, maintain the washtub laundry sink drain by removing lint with long needlenose pliers kept there permanently, remember some new washing machines really throw water out faster than old style ones. further incredibly excellent educational appliance reading, we love the samurai appliance repair guru and his sense of humor at:: http://applianceguru.com /
What a fantastic set of suggestions!!! Thank you very much buffalobill for passing these along, and most of them are ones I would have never even thought of. Thanks also for the web link for the appliance guru, which I am about to start browsing.
Smarty