Cracked Sink Drain Pipe

The cast Iron pipe going from my kitchen sink to the main sewer line in my basement is cracked. The crack is near a cleanout fitting. What's the best way to repair this?

If you can saw/cut the pipe, leaving some solid remnant:

If you have to remove the entire length all the way into the next hub:
It may be possible to remove the cleanout cover and then install a threaded adapter, but the angle may be wrong, etc.

Ji m

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks for that info. I give it a try. M