Cracked Sink Drain Pipe

The cast Iron pipe going from my kitchen sink to the main sewer line in my basement is cracked. The crack is near a cleanout fitting. What's the best way to repair this?
M wrote:

If you can saw/cut the pipe, leaving some solid remnant: http://www.fernco.com/1056.asp
If you have to remove the entire length all the way into the next hub: http://www.fernco.com/Donut.asp
It may be possible to remove the cleanout cover and then install a threaded adapter, but the angle may be wrong, etc.
Ji m
Thanks for that info. I give it a try. M