Cracked Rendering and Repairs

Hi,
first time poster.
Having recently moved into a new home, a three bed semi, the back wall is in need of repair. The rendering is badly cracked and a proper job is required to replace it.
I have a couple of questions if anyone can help; the first is roughly how much do you think this would cost? It's only the one wall on a standard sized house. The second question is whether or not it would be worth considering using one of these 30 year coatings I am reading about.
Does anyone have any advice?
Many thanks
--
Chopper25

Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 2, 2:16 am, Chopper25

What do you mean by 'rendering'? Stucco? Adobe? Clapboard? Shingles? Brick? Stone?
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

Hi Chopper! Due to many who post from web sites being spammers, you got a few notes but you seem legit so far.

I don't know what you mean by 'rendering'. I'll take a reasonable guess at it though as possibly stucco? (based on you talking of coatings).

Can't give an estimate because stucco isn't used where I am. I'm the wrong sort of climate for it. But for those who are, they need to know what you mean by 'badly cracked'. ie: just unsightly or is it so bad you have water damage to the base wall? (if that, you have an emergency and it needs to be fixed ASAP or covered somehow to prevent rotting out the wall).
How deep are the cracks and do they run 'willy nilly' or are they vertical in seams? (if they run willy-nilly all over, then they are just cracked stucco due to age, possibly dampness due to not having proper exterior waterseal when it was time to do it. If vertical, especially if you are hitting where you can stick a dime or more in there and they are deep, you have 'settling' and possible slab issues but don't panic, if it's a really older house like 30 years or more, chances are the base substrate is ok and you may just need new footers).
Add pictures here
✖

Pretty sure rendering is English for stucco. Or stucco is American for rendering, I guess.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com wrote:

No, "rendering" is the boiling of animal fats in large vats to create fertilizer (and other organic products).
I think his crock pot is cracked a lot.
Add pictures here
✖
"HeyBub" wrote

Grin, we have no idea what country he's living in. The fact that he hasnt come back tells me the first spate of 'spammer' made him no longer reading here.
If he's from the UK or a place that uses that term, he was probably not aware that we couldnt answer because we (many of us at least) didnt know what he meant.
Add pictures here
✖