Cracked Maytag Ceran cooktop

The Ceran cooktop on our Maytag electric range is cracked very badly so I called a repair center nearest us and was quoted $375.00 CAD. for a new Ceran cook top part.

This range came with the house when we purchased it a year ago. The previous owners had purchased the range at a scratch and dent clearance auction center, and thus all serial numbers were removed to prevent any warranty claims, so I'm not holding my breath expecting Maytag to replace this Ceran top.

My question is, does anyone in the group have any ideas where I can purchase another Ceran part new/used at a price thats a bit more resonable then 50% of a new complete range?

MFR: Maytag Model: MER5770ACW Fuel: Electric Color: White

Thanks in advance.

Mike Niagara Falls, Ca

Reply to
ms

Try a couple of local Maytag dealers - they may have some scrapped / trade-in ranges that you can recover the glass cooktop from.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Not sure if you'll find a better price or not but I've always had good luck using:

Hope this helps!

Reply to
jackson

Thanks Jackson,

It looks like they have one in stock for $252.

I'm gonna check a local used app. guy I found in the yellow pages. If he dosn't have one, then I may have to go with repairclinic.com.

Reply to
ms

Hi,

?Ca? Canada? If yes, RC doesn't ship to Canada and the price online is in US dollars.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid