Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the place. It's still fairly level and easy enough to drive on, but it's really ugly.

To replace it would cost a fortune, is there any cheaper alternative, like a skim coat or to asphalt over the top or something?

Reply to
kellyj00

If you coat it with something, the coating will eventually crack in the same places.

Reply to
scott21230

you ca asphalt it but indeed it will crack again.

even concrete has a finite life. of your selling the home have it aspha;ted right before sale

Reply to
hallerb

There are companies that will put a semi-elastic coating on the driveway. I have seen driveways that look very nice when finished. Fine a reputable installer.

http://www.c> My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the

Reply to
ephedralover

Okay, You owe me a big thank you for running outside to the shop to read the can of shit that worked good for me. It's called Stone Mason Instant patching Cement and I also google the stuff for ya and here's the link.

I have fixed the cement floor in my garage and I park a 1 ton dually on it and the crack has never reappeared. I also went over sidewalk palm prints from the pervious residents that owned this place before I bought it. I bought like a 1 gallon paint tin of it and this shit really goes far...I have lots left...When you open the can it kind of shocks you as you expect it to be a liquid, but it's a powder that you mix with water....Works great !! Hope that was of some help....Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Silicon Gel

Cheap and easy.

Can do it yourself

Chris

What is silicon gel? What product names is it sold under? I've only seen concrete-based products... LT

Reply to
LT