Crack in cement bird bath

I have a nice birdbath but there is a small hairline crack in the birdbath dish, probably occurred during a move. Is there something I can use to seal the crack?

Reply to
Salad

I'd say more likely it was caused by a group of rambunctious and unruly teen birds. The problem is that Mother and Father birds just don't discipline their baby birds the way they used to. As a result, the baby bird grows up feeling unloved and unwanted, and at the first opportunity joins a bird gang to prove it's self worth and to join a common culture where a form of self-identity can be nurtured.

HTH.

Reply to
Matt

I have used two products. The rubbery paint stuff sold to put on tool handles. That worked about 18 months with two applications. Next I tried some Epoxy paint made for a garage floor (I was doing my garage floor when I bought the new one. It has worked for a number of years now.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Is this a wise Crack?

Reply to
Gino

You are cracking me up!

Reply to
Matt

If you have a side grinder I would sugest opening up the crack a bit (about half way through) and then filling it with epoxy. Work it into the freshly cut concrete for a good bond.

Reply to
Greg

Thanks all for the responses.

The birds should like my place this summer.

Reply to
Salad

Now, seeing as we have the breakdown of the bird family. The only answer is for them all to attend church, and do more family activities.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Silicone caulk will work, but water will again begin to leak around the patch, unless you trowel it on with a putty knife, sorta like paint.. I've used a waterproofing paint, starts with the letter "U". Quikcrete also makes a waterproofing paint especially for cement products - I think it is called quikcoat. Also, check for toxic additives, since we are talking birds.

Reply to
Roger

Tell the kids to take a bath in the house and not in the birdbath.

Reply to
Stephen King

On 1/19/2005 1:43 AM US(ET), Roger took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Probably UGL (think 'ugly') DryLoc products.

willshak

three environmentally friendly choices exist:

  1. use it as is
  2. patch the crack with cement and cement only (not recommended, the crack will only reappear)
  3. replace it

if you cannot safely put the patching material inside your own drinking glass (which includes all materials suggested in this thread), why poison birds with it?

Reply to
effi

What happens is that this girl meets "Mitch", And then Mitch has this girl come back to his moms house, but on the way there she stops at a hotel and gets killed in the shower. Meanwhile, back at Mitch's house, a bunch of birds get together and set a gas station on fire.

Now, perhaps you can understand why the fountain needs to be patched with epoxy.

Reply to
Matt

Also, last summer I learned that combining a bug zapper with a bird bath can provide unlimited hours of entertainment for the entire family.

Reply to
Matt

Yes, you just have to get the kids to go out and stick a finger in the birdbath. That 40,000 volts from the bug zapper provides all kinds of fun. Small boys particularly like the electric pulsating jolt that it provides. More kewl than a sugar high.

Are you trained in CPR just in case?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon