CPVC ques.

I always thought PVC was for cold water and CPVC was for hot water. Now I'm seeing CPVC labeled by the manufacturer "for cold water only". Yet it is intermixed with other CPVC that is not labeled like that. What is going on?

-Red

Reply to
Red

It's political correctness run amok.

Reply to
mm

Red,

As far as I know, standard PVC isn't allowed by code for in-house plumbing. It can only be used for underground and other situations.

I used CPVC for both my hot and cold supply lines, but none were labeled "for cold water only". All the CPVC I bought had a 180 degree temperature rating stamped on the side.

If they have started labeling some CPVC for cold water only, I suspect it is to comply with the code requirements. It's most likely the same stuff, just an easier way to identify the hot and cold supply lines.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

HerHysband, Did you use CPVC on all of your indoor water lines including pipes & fittings in walls?

Thanks, Joey

Reply to
JoeyA