Cox Latest To Dump Free Usenet Access

Page 2 of 2

Oren wrote:

Yeah, but with Comcast you can use Earthlink as your ISP and with Earthlink you get Giganews free.

Add pictures here
✖
Oren wrote:

My old ISP faced the same problem as Cox, with few subscribers who used usenet, but high equipment costs for carrying usenet. They solved it by giving us a low level subscription to one of the independent usenet services, free, and allowing us to upgrade to a higher level at our own cost if we needed more capacity. Cox instead is just degrading their service, but with no concurrent decrease in their rather high fees. Greed knows no bounds.
I'll miss them. The only thing delaying my departure is the prospect of having to get a new email address, since after a few years, your email address is spread all over and its a hassle having to go everywhere and change it.
Add pictures here
✖

That's why it's good to have your own domain. Address never changes no matter who hosts it.
Add pictures here
✖

For a few dollars a year, you can register your own domain name and have a permanent email address no matter how many times you switch ISP's. It's very easy to set up.
Try godaddy.com
When you register a domain name with them, I'm pretty sure they give you a few email account mailboxes free with the name. It's pretty easy to set it up.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 22, 7:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Your personal info is divulged if you do this. Not good. And you're paying for this disservice. Not good.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:40:09 -0700 (PDT), mike

You can register a domain name through a "privacy" screen for a few dollars more. If someone looks up who owns the domain name, they get the name of the "privacy" company.
Add pictures here
✖

Wanna trade? I have DSL and satellite TV and they both suck. I was far happier sending buckets of money to the crooks at Adelphia.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:55:04 -0700, Smitty Two

[snip 40% VAT Tax]

Where you been lately?
(You are late for hall monitor duties) I won't cover for you anymore!
Add pictures here
✖
Oren wrote:

I like how they say they are ditching free access instead of saying that they are removing part of the service that are paying for and not reducing your bill.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖