Covering basement ceiling insulation

I've got a cold basement, with batts of insulation overhead keeping the main floor warm. What's the accepted way to either secure the batts in place or to cover them up? I don't want to sheetrock the ceiling yet (though the space will become a shop in future years). I really like the idea of covering the mess with plastic sheeting, but am uncertain about moisture issues and what code might call for. Ideas? Thanks...
(JimC622911) wrote:

Chicken wire stapled to the bottoms of the joists.
Doug has a good suggestion with the chicken wire - but we use pieces of 1/8" or 1/16" rigid wire cut slightly wider than the joist spacing. "Bow" it into the opening and it will hold the insulation in place.
Jim

wrote in message:

push up bars (as Jim suggested) work great and are fast to install. install 1 every foot.
"push up bars"........... Not to be confused with "push up bras"
"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
On 30 Jul 2003 13:10:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JimC622911) wrote:

That's what I would use. But call your local building inspection department to get more accurate anonymous advice.
Have a nice week...
Trent