Covering a heat pipe to prevent heat from coming out?

My room is the smallest in the house, and it gets hot in the winter because the heat is turned up to properly heat the bigger rooms in the house.
I tried opening the window, but it's still hot.
The heat comes from a pipe that sticking out of the floor.
Is there anything that I can cover the pipe with to keep the room cooler?
TissuePaper wrote:

Is it an air duct bring hot air into the room? It is a hot water pipe? More information please.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

If by pipe you mean an air vent, yes it is possible to cover it fully or partially to balance the heating system. There are registers made for that purpose if you have the right size.

Insulating foam for pipes is available in the plumbing center at any of the home center stores. It comes in various sizes, slips over the pipe. Look for the type that has adhesive on the slit. You pull off the tape, slip it over the pipe and squeeze together.
It does seem a bit strange that so much heat could come from one pipe just passing through. Normally, some tyope of radiator is required to obtain a lot of heat from the water passing through.