Cover for fry-pan

Page 2 of 2

The 8" pan is $120. I thought you said you bought decent stuff? $120 isn't a lot for cookware. SWMBO has 3-4x that in a few of her pans.

Measure. Go to store and measure theirs.

Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:55:03 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

That makes sense.

It's still at the top. I said I bought moderately expensive pans this time, instead of the cheap stuff I usually get.

I think it is. If it werent' for the teflon, I'd continue to use cheap pans, but I suspect the teflon on the cheap pans is more vulnerble than it needs to be. We'll see if these pans do better.

Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 6, 12:31 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

A properly seasoned cast iron frying pan can be as non-stick as anyone would need and heats/cooks better than most other types of materials.
I have a set of cast iron frying pans that I use constantly.
Add pictures here
✖

Good cast iron pans aren't cheap, either, and aren't good for cooking where water is used. SWMBO has stainless with a copper core. It really works well and cleans beautifully.

If you can get them heavy enough, they're great for frying pans. Stainless works just as well and is a lot easier to take care of.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:31:04 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Sorry. I meant my words were still at the top.

For one pan! My "set" was only two pans. For pots, I have the stuff my mother gave me.
Derby, I've had cast iron. I know it has advantages but it's too heavy.

Add pictures here
✖

Sorry, yes that makes more sense. ;-)

One pan, though certainly not all of them are that expensive. The 8" frying pan was closer to $150.

That's its advantage. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

$120 gets you a damned good pan. If you look at the Woll line, they are in that range. You can get an 8" lid for $28 too, but I have no idea if it would fit your pan (Amazon.com product link shortened)39036377&sr=1-112

than my copper pans.

Add pictures here
✖

Hmmm. I looked in Amazon, searched on 8" Lid iirc, but didnt' find that one. Thanks.

Add pictures here
✖

The lid from a 1 qt Visions pan fits nicely on the 8" n/s skillet I have. The lid from the 5 qt Visions pot fits the 10" n/s skillet. So, in conclusion, take your pot/pan to whatever 2nd hand stores you have around.
✖