Court Rules Living ‘Off The Grid ’ Is Illegal

Step 1.
http://libertyfirstnews.com/court-rules-living-off-the-grid-is-illegal/#
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 06:58:24 -0400, burfordTjustice

Don't get too confused, This is right in the city and they are pissed at people who want to keep their well and septic after they put in city water and sewer. If she is willing to pay the water and sewer tax, I imagine they would leave her alone. although water management and the DEP is trying to get rid of private wells and septic tanks everywhere anyway.
On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 10:12:38 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I don't think this woman had a well, it says in a story that she was using rainwater for domestic usage. That is probably where the problem starts, because she doesn't have either a proper well or city water. So, code probably says you have to have an approved potable water source for a CO and that's where the big trouble starts. It also said the city wasn't even aware of her, until she started telling her story to the press.
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 08:04:09 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

That area of the cape was on well water before the city brought in piped water and sewer. Depending on where she is they may also want to charge her for "Purple" water (recycled for irrigation). This is not out in the country, it has been platted for regular 1/4 1/3 and 1/2 acre home sites since the Eisenhower administration and the City of Cape Coral has had HOA level ordinances for most of that time. (no boats, no trucks, no shoes on the porch etc) She knew what she was getting into when she moved there. If they were screwing with someone out in the Corkscrew or up in the wilds of North Ft Myers, I would have more sympathy for them but nobody is screwing with those folks.

those places are getting gentrified but there are still rednecks in the swamp
On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 08:05:28 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

First, you have to understand the cape. They have had HOA level ordinances for 60 years and this woman has been sued out of her home twice for not paying her sewer bill. People live there because they think that is the way things should be. Why would anyone think 3d time was the charm. She is 5 miles away from places where water and sewer are not even an option and AG zoning is common where there are no rules. She is just nuts and I blame the people who are supporting her.
On 09/03/2016 06:58 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

I'm currently on a 100' well. The municipal water line passes in front of my house.
I was quoted a $5800 tap fee by the local government thugs.
Horizontal boring under road and trenching 120' to my house was $2400 additional. Fuck that!
On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

No, as has happened twice before, lawyers kill you ... or at least make you move along. I didn't look at the 2009 house but she doubled her money on the 2002 house in a little over 2 years. (minus the liens) She may be nuts but she isn't stupid.