Countertops - How do I make slurry?

I am having a hard time figuring out how to make slurry. I've poured countertops in pre-set forms, and I've got little air holes on the edges. I need to fill them in with slurry, but I don't know how to make slurry.

I know it is portland and water. Very fine sand can be used, but I've heard I should use acrylic, plasticizers, or something else.

Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks.

Reply to
wdcarson

filling holes in concrete ?

I use a paste about the consistancy of heavy cream ,mix portland cement and water.

Mix well, and repeat mixing as required. This stuff dries out fairly quickly , just add a little more water and mix again. 24 hours to set

Make sure the area to be patched is very wet, dry concrete will absorb too much water out of the paste.

Apply the paste , use a scap cloth to apply it to protect your fingers.

When dry it can be lightly sanded before it cures completely .

There are additives to help it adhere , and to make the patch material more moldable but for surface defects you shouldnt need them much .

Note : the patches will be a different color from the other cement. They also absorb stain differently, so you really need an opaque finish.

Reply to
marks542004

forgot to mention , there is a concrete patch available premixed in a squeeze tube if you dont have cement on hand.

you can also add a little very fine sand if you need a thick layer of patch , the cement and water tends to crack if applied in a thick layer .

Reply to
marks542004