Countertop Suggestions...?

I have just purchased a new home and have decided to install new countertops. I have done some research and have decided to go with a quartz countertop since the color will be more consistant and less costly than granite but I will still get the same stone look and feel as a granite. I have narrowed it down to 3 providers LG Viatera, Zodiaq and Silestone and I am really not so sure which ones to use. I was wondering if anyone knows which of these products have better attributes or something the others do not. I am having a very difficult time deciding between the three. Please Help!

Reply to
Meagan

I'm curious, what part of the country are you in? In Texas granite is actually about the same price, in some cases cheaper then silestone. If I could not get granite though I think I would go with silestone, lots of choices & very durable.

Reply to
Zzyzx

Of the choice you mention here, and i note that you exclude Corian (but its not quartz anyway), in most cases Granite will be cheaper, often 50% cheaper than Zodiaq or Silestone, epening on which color/pattern selected. I see Granite priced from $27 sq ft to $55 sq ft for countertops, but the engineered surfaces seem to start at $60 and can easily top $100.

Course I live in a port city where the granite comes in so LOTS of dealers here. Transportation of a single granite slab over long distance is expensive yes, but then the same can be said for any of the engineered surfaces as well.

Ok these engineered surfaces are more regular in appearance. Consistency counts for alot for some folks.

I suggest you do a bit more research on the prices of Granite vs the engineered quartz surfaces. your initial impression of relative expense may be wrong.

Reply to
Robert Gammon

Concrete

Bawana