Counter tops

I am considering using floor tiles to cover my existing Formica counter tops.
Any comments on surface preparation?
Any comments on granite vs porcelain tiles?
Thanks,
Vic
In article

It is certainly doable. Many folks have used granite tiles to cut the cost of a solid granite countertop.
Try the GardenWeb kitchen board for an excellent reference and community that can anser your questions.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/kitchbath /
i HATE granite.........................anyway, my granite. (dark black/grey) its beautiful to look at, but a pain in the butt to keep shiny and clean. EVERY spot shows.
--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often
We have just had our kitchen remodeled also. We were debating granite. However, with the upkeep of granite, we decided to go with Avanza. It was just installed last weekend. I love the look!! That is another option, if you are interested
message

Victor & Toni Jo Friedmann writes:

You will be happy with unevenness and lippage?