Counter depth

Hi, My wife and I are planning to remodel our kitchen to the point of tearing everything out to the studs. We want to replace our refrigerator with one that is counter depth. We were thinking of a GE Arctica model that has a depth of 28 5/16. Is this considered counter depth? Thanks.

Reply to
Arnold H. Hollander

Check out these forums for VERY good info on remodeling and appliances:

Steve Cutchen

Depends. How deep are your counters? Most are 24-25".

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

A typical base cabinet is 24 inches deep. A typical top is 25 inches deep. Please note these are typical. If you add an appliance garage at the back of the counter, 12 or 18 inches can be divided. You can gain 2 inches by turning the studs behind the refrigerator sideways. A 25 inch counter + 2 inches of stud space = 27 inches.

Tom Baker

Reply to
Tom Baker

Be sure that when you make the refrigerator "counter depth," rather than slightly proud of the counter, that the door will still open more than

90 degrees. Will you be able to remove shelves, crisper drawers, etc.?

RB

Arnold H. Hollander wrote:

Reply to
RB