Cotton Insulation In NE Pa?

I'm looking for some of that cotton batt insulation, but it seems that only distributors, or high volume customers have it. So I figure that there must be a local distributor, bethlehem area, that just doesn't have it advertised on the web yet. Can anyone help me find a local seller?
thank you,
tom
Are you sure that you really don't mean fiberglass insulation? I have some blown in fiberglass insulation in my attic, and it looks exactly like cotton.
On 22 Feb 2007 06:28:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for asking, no I mean insulation batts made of cotton.
Like: http://urlbee.com?11348
tom

But WHY? You can get fiberglass batts anywhere. Why cotton?
--
Regards,
Just Joshin wrote:

product with limited distributorship controlled by the manufacturer. There are only two distributors listed for PA. Unless you want to become a distributor for the company, they are your only two sources. Its the price you pay for wanting to be green (or blue in this case).
--
Grandpa

There are other makers, and the price might be twice that of fiberglass, but that's only 2 times cheap. I have about 600 feet of unfinished ceiling to insulate. So not too crazy.
There are more than one manufacturer of nonfiberglass batting, was wondering if there was local source.
Thank you,
tom
Just Joshin wrote:

in the group. A quick web search finds a couple more manufacturers, but it still looks pretty limited for general sales. Its only three or four phone calls to find out if there are any distributors near you. I see one of them even lets you order online. Still, I'd like to hear your experiences.
--
Grandpa

Grandpa wrote:

Green? Think of all the material that goes into the production of this "natural" ingredient. There's fertilizer, harvesting, ginning, transportation all the way from Egypt, manufacturing.
Meanwhile, people have to wear polyester leisure suits because all the cotton was diverted to make insulation.
Whereas fiberglass is made of sand. Locally.

Regardless of the "greenness" of cotton itself, cotton batt insulation is made from post-industrial cotton waste (e.g. scraps from the manufacture of jeans), so it is diverting a waste product.
Cheers, Wayne

HA HA HA, this is a conspiracy fabricated by the Polyester Leisure Suit Industry!?
:D
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com
Why not use fiberglass? Cotton will attract mold and mice.

On 22 Feb 2007 17:38:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Unlike fiberglass, the cotton recieves an antimold and pest treatment.
I've seen removed fiberglass that was ladden with black stuff, and even protected worker(s) got terriblly sick. It required doctors treatment. So fiberglass can attract mold and mildew.
tom