CostCo has nicely priced CFL floods including dimable

Made a trip to CostCo and found they have outside 120W equivalent and inside 65W equivalent CFL floodlights. The inside ones are "dimable". I thought the price was very good, $17 bucks for a 4 pack of outside bulbs and $18 for a 3 pak of dimable inside bulbs. Bought enough to do my kitchen and back yard and I'm impressed with them. The inside ones are rated for enclosed, base up fixtures. And they dim reasonably well, not as good as the old incandescent but that's no surprise. They dim well enough to be acceptable and they are actually brighter then the old incandescent 65W bulbs they replaced. I've gone from using 520W to light the kitchen down to 120 watts.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

HD has that price beat in my area Chgo, 1.85 a 4 pack of 9w cfl and about 12.75$ for 4 of the 14=3D65w floods. The HD invision brand has a #1 rating on a comparison at Popular Mechanics mag and near top at Consumer Reports, plus when they burn out its an easy return at HD. My prices may be artificialy low now due to a Com Ed subsidity they seem to do every winter, so I get a years worth now and extras.

Reply to
ransley

I'm still looking for a good price on dimmable edison base dining room chandelier bulbs. We don't often dim our dining room lights, but when we do, it is usually for a good reason so I don't want to put in regular CFLs and upward pointing flood lights won't cut it.

Reply to
hrhofmann