Costco Design Center Contractors

I've seen the pamplets in Costco warehouses. Has anyone used their programs for home painting, California Closets installation, carpeting, cabinets or for granite, Zodiaq and Corian kitchen counters? Has the service and pricing going through Costco's program been better than going directly to contractors in the yellow pages?

Most of the big stores, Sears, HD, etc all use contractors that work for them but do not always meet the same standards of quality among them. Crap shoot. Some very good, some not so good. I'd rather deal with a local contractor with good references and reputation. Why give Costco a cut of the payments?

_And_ their's lots of good contractors out there that don't advertise in the yellow pages.
Ask your friends & neighbors.