Costco 10'x20'Canopy Roof Replacement

Page 2 of 2
replying to Scott Sherratt, C Haas wrote:

Zhengte USA LLC 13791 Roswell Ave, Chino, CA 91710 909-628-7888
On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:44:02 PM UTC-7, C Haas wrote:

I FOUND A REPLACEMENT CANOPY FOR THE COSTCO TEMPORARY ONE CAR"GARAGE" CANOPY, TOP SIDES, BACK AND ZIPPERED FRONT PANELS AT TSY SERVICES @1 800 585-9969. I THINK THE CANOPY REPLACEMENT # IS S 05318 R. THE COMPANY IS LOCATED IN SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA.
replying to Scott Sherratt, Barry wrote:

I just replaced the roof; cost $125, including shipping. I would just buy a new canopy at the store, and save the shipping costs. You will have to pay tax, however, but you will gain the extra side and end-panels that will ultimately wear out. The only other negative is having to discard the metal framework. See my post below on how to contact the company that has the replacement parts.
I have found that these roofs last for three years before they need replacing. I have scoured the internet to find different roofs, but finally ended up just replaceing them with ones offered by the company that supplies Costco.
Barry
replying to Scott Sherratt, jack stern wrote:

Try www.costlesstarps.org , the tarps are thicker and last much longer. If you buy a new one from costco, there only lasting about a year.
On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:44:04 PM UTC-7, Scott Sherratt wrote:

Try www.costlesstarps.org

Six years is a long time to go without a canopy roof.
replying to Scott Sherratt, Barry wrote:

Read the previous posts in this thread. Mine are under Grumpoldcoot and Barry. You can choose either the roof portion only or purchase the entire canopy (including the metal frame). It's your choice. The current phone number is listed in one of my posts, or at least in one of the other posts. Good luck.
Barry
replying to Scott Sherratt, Christine wrote:

Hi Scott: We have had the same issue. Kind of annoying as the frame is still good but the cover is done. Did you have any luch with locating a cover? .
Christine,
Look in your local phone book for companies that repair awnings. They have the equipment and expertise to make you a new canopy roof.
Dave M.
Replacement part can be ordered from: Zhengte U.S.A., LLC, Chino, CA 91710. 800-867-9018 Mon - Fri., 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (PST). They have a website too but, it just tells you to call them (or full out the form and they'll call you).
That said, I recommend you buy another complete unit, use the structural co mponents to strengthen your existing one (put the new poles half way betwee n the existing by cutting the existing in half, putting in the new poles by drilling and riveting the connectors and poles). That's what I did and th en just covered with the new canvas. It makes for a much nicer and stronger unit. Might even cover with some corrugated material so I can stop replaci ng the canvas.
I have purchased parts by calling the provided company in the past. Initial ly it was obvious the guy I dealt with couldn't have cared less about getti ng me the parts I needed. After a little internet searching I tracked down the contact information for the President of the company in China and sent him an email. Service became exceptional after that.
One last thing, seems I cut some length off of the poles I cut in half to a ccount for the extra length of the coupling. That way the canvas still fit. Not sure, it's been awhile. Just keep that in mind if you decide to do tha t.
replying to Scott Sherratt, bigdog wrote:

Costco stock them in federal way wa. &59.00
replying to bigdog, david wrote:

Is this Canopy Tarp part # 372749? It's my understanding that Costco commissioned the manufactering and TSY was the distrutor. This is what I need and TSY no longer has them.
On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:44:04 PM UTC-6, Scott Sherratt wrote:

call 18008679018. I have gotten many replacement parts from them.

Responding to a post from 2007? Wonder how helpful that will be?
On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:44:04 AM UTC-10, Scott Sherratt wrote:

Costco now sells the canopy roof replacement for $60 plus $5 handling. http://www.costco.com/Replacement-Canopy-Roof-Cover-10-ft-x-20-ft.product.100144269.html
replying to Scott Sherratt, Barry wrote:

We have been using the Costco canopies for several years. They are made of a cheaper plastic in China. We no longer replace the roofs with the original Chinese plastic, but have merely left the old roof material in place and just placed a piece of white tarp over the existing plastic roof material, ending up with two layers: the old plastic material on the bottom, and the new white roof tarp material on the top.
We tie down the white tarp using the heavier nylon cord (from Home Depot), leaving the ends of the tarp "puckered" enough at the peak of the roof to let the air travel between the white tarp and the underlying old tan roof material (if the white tarp material is too tight, condensation may occur).
When you use the new white tarp, the canopy is cooler beneath because the sun is reflected better, and when the roof needs replacing (which is at less frequent intervals), you can just remove the white tarp and replace it by buying it locally, bypassing the pain-in-the-neck outfit in Southern California that Costco uses. As for the sides, you still have to go through the Chinese importer, but I don't have the phone number. I remember that the last time I required new side panels, I called Costco in Kirkland, Washington. Sorry that I don't have the phone number at hand.
Good luck!
Barry
P.S. You should attach the "feet" of the steel framework to a wooden "foundation" on the ground to prevent splaying of the canopy legs. I used pressure-treated 2x6 lumber, attached with flat steel reinforcement pieces shaped like the letter T and letter I. These were screwed into the wood, resulting in a fairly solid framework, with cross-pieces at the end and in the middle. I then added some building blocks to weigh down the wooden framework so the wind wouldn't blow it away. The canopy has never budged, even after ten years.
On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:44:06 PM UTC-5, Barry wrote:

I had the opposite problem with a 10 X 10 E-Z UP commercial grade pop-up canopy. My top was fine, but the frame got wrecked in a storm. The parts to repair the frame would have cost more than a whole new canopy and I didn't want to spend almost $250 on a new canopy.
I took a shot on Craigslist and found someone selling a frame for $50. It seems that they accidentally threw out the top when they were moving. When I got there I found out that they were throwing in 4 side panels with the frame. The panels alone cost almost $150 new.
$50 for a frame and 4 walls...Sweet!
replying to Scott Sherratt, Thom wrote: Costco.com has them for $59.00