Costco 10'x20'Canopy Roof Replacement (2023 Update)

I just replaced the roof; cost $125, including shipping. I would just buy a new canopy at the store, and save the shipping costs. You will have to pay tax, however, but you will gain the extra side and end-panels that will ultimately wear out. The only other negative is having to discard the metal framework. See my post below on how to contact the company that has the replacement parts.

I have found that these roofs last for three years before they need replacing. I have scoured the internet to find different roofs, but finally ended up just replaceing them with ones offered by the company that supplies Costco.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

Try

, the tarps are thicker and last much longer. If you buy a new one from costco, there only lasting about a year.

Reply to
jack stern

Try

costlesstarps

Six years is a long time to go without a canopy roof.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Read the previous posts in this thread. Mine are under Grumpoldcoot and Barry. You can choose either the roof portion only or purchase the entire canopy (including the metal frame). It's your choice. The current phone number is listed in one of my posts, or at least in one of the other posts. Good luck.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

Hi Scott: We have had the same issue. Kind of annoying as the frame is still good but the cover is done. Did you have any luch with locating a cover? .

Reply to
Christine

Christine,

Look in your local phone book for companies that repair awnings. They have the equipment and expertise to make you a new canopy roof.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Replacement part can be ordered from: Zhengte U.S.A., LLC, Chino, CA 91710. 800-867-9018 Mon - Fri., 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (PST). They have a website too but, it just tells you to call them (or full out the form and they'll call you).

That said, I recommend you buy another complete unit, use the structural co mponents to strengthen your existing one (put the new poles half way betwee n the existing by cutting the existing in half, putting in the new poles by drilling and riveting the connectors and poles). That's what I did and th en just covered with the new canvas. It makes for a much nicer and stronger unit. Might even cover with some corrugated material so I can stop replaci ng the canvas.

I have purchased parts by calling the provided company in the past. Initial ly it was obvious the guy I dealt with couldn't have cared less about getti ng me the parts I needed. After a little internet searching I tracked down the contact information for the President of the company in China and sent him an email. Service became exceptional after that.

One last thing, seems I cut some length off of the poles I cut in half to a ccount for the extra length of the coupling. That way the canvas still fit. Not sure, it's been awhile. Just keep that in mind if you decide to do tha t.

Reply to
strick360

Costco stock them in federal way wa. &59.00

Reply to
bigdog

Is this Canopy Tarp part # 372749? It's my understanding that Costco commissioned the manufactering and TSY was the distrutor. This is what I need and TSY no longer has them.

Reply to
david

Hello I am a new user here, I was hoping someone could help me by sending t he assembly instructions for the costco 10 x 20 canopy ART. 680344. During assembly I came across 24 three foot rods that I have no idea where they go . Any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to email me at james.bernar snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. Thank you

Reply to
james.bernardi11

Have you contacted Costco? They tend to be pretty good at customer service.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

call 18008679018. I have gotten many replacement parts from them.

Reply to
zypher7

Responding to a post from 2007? Wonder how helpful that will be?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Costco now sells the canopy roof replacement for $60 plus $5 handling.

stuartkarlan1

We have been using the Costco canopies for several years. They are made of a cheaper plastic in China. We no longer replace the roofs with the original Chinese plastic, but have merely left the old roof material in place and just placed a piece of white tarp over the existing plastic roof material, ending up with two layers: the old plastic material on the bottom, and the new white roof tarp material on the top.

We tie down the white tarp using the heavier nylon cord (from Home Depot), leaving the ends of the tarp "puckered" enough at the peak of the roof to let the air travel between the white tarp and the underlying old tan roof material (if the white tarp material is too tight, condensation may occur).

When you use the new white tarp, the canopy is cooler beneath because the sun is reflected better, and when the roof needs replacing (which is at less frequent intervals), you can just remove the white tarp and replace it by buying it locally, bypassing the pain-in-the-neck outfit in Southern California that Costco uses. As for the sides, you still have to go through the Chinese importer, but I don't have the phone number. I remember that the last time I required new side panels, I called Costco in Kirkland, Washington. Sorry that I don't have the phone number at hand.

Good luck!

Barry

P.S. You should attach the "feet" of the steel framework to a wooden "foundation" on the ground to prevent splaying of the canopy legs. I used pressure-treated 2x6 lumber, attached with flat steel reinforcement pieces shaped like the letter T and letter I. These were screwed into the wood, resulting in a fairly solid framework, with cross-pieces at the end and in the middle. I then added some building blocks to weigh down the wooden framework so the wind wouldn't blow it away. The canopy has never budged, even after ten years.

Reply to
Barry

I had the opposite problem with a 10 X 10 E-Z UP commercial grade pop-up canopy. My top was fine, but the frame got wrecked in a storm. The parts to repair the frame would have cost more than a whole new canopy and I didn't want to spend almost $250 on a new canopy.

I took a shot on Craigslist and found someone selling a frame for $50. It seems that they accidentally threw out the top when they were moving. When I got there I found out that they were throwing in 4 side panels with the frame. The panels alone cost almost $150 new.

$50 for a frame and 4 walls...Sweet!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

replying to Scott Sherratt, Thom wrote: Costco.com has them for $59.00

Reply to
Thom

replying to Scott Sherratt, ed lewis wrote: Costco.com $59

Reply to
ed lewis

How much is $59 in 2007 dollars?

Reply to