Cost to replace FPE circuit breaker box

I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric abd has a federal pacific box. What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ?? Thanks for your help! Vic

Journeyman and helper, all day = $1600. New panel and breakers $350. That ought to cover it. YMMV
Joe

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two receptacles added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was $220.

Toller wrote:

I upgraded to 200-Amp service. Total out-of-pocket cost was about $325.
'Course I did it myself.
At least $1000.00 Call around.

I don't recall breakdown the labor, but I think it was about $100
wrote in message

in 4.

Ed was this like a 100 years ago, or were you using indentured servents?
Labor is the majority of the cost. Around here, the permit alone will cost about 40 bucks.
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com
Just Joshin wrote:

Around here (Houston) you don't need a permit. We also don't have zoning.
We do have a justifiable homicide excuse called the "But yer honor, he NEEDED killin' " defense.

I live in the North East, and as for killing Abortions are ok, so I'm trying to push for "Retro-Active Abortions" for punks. :p
But back on topic, the price still seems real cheap. ;)
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Well at least someone figured it out. It was my first house in 1966