cost to remove concrete

anyone have a ballpark figure for tearing up a concrete driveway?

how much a few yards or a few 100 feet?
have a convenient place to bury it? or must be hauled away?
if your replacing the driveway its likely included in costs

Shouldn't be too bad if you can afford it.
Jim

Just tearing it up. Assume a 2 car 25'x15' pad 6" thick. thats 188 cubuc feet or about 7 yards. That will cost about $700 just to dispose of it in two 5 yard rock boxes. So add some jack hammers, a bobcat, a dump truck and about 5 guys if you want it done in a day. Now you should be up over $2k. More if it is thicker.
I'm just guessing since a contractor may be able to dispose more cheaply as clean fill or if they have their own trucks and debris boxes, you may get a break. Your local labor rate may be lower than others as well. Know anyone who wants to decommission a pool, a great place to dump it.

or use a backhoe. easy one day job, with little or no jackhammer work.
a dump truck, a backhoe, with operator and probably one laborer.
i did this and was the laborer, tiring but kinda fun
thanks guys, didnt realize it would cost so much just to get rid of it. Must be why people are always on craigslist advertising broken concrete in the free section.
I dont have exact dimensions but its at a house I'm considering buying. The current owner had a giant driveway put in that if I bought the house I'd like to have a normal size driveway and get some grass back.

any chance you could trim it with a concrete saw?

In WI, where I am, they "recycle" concrete into cheap gravel. It doesn't end up in a landfill, so it isn't really any more expensive to get rid of than anything else. I rented a 20 yard dumpster for concrete for around $300. YMMV
JK

Properly cost more than a cheap electric jack hammer, a digging bar and a six pack of Bud, so I would DIY and keep the new tools and recycle the concrete.
Ok here is a wild ass guess:
Assume 2 car driveway, assume 600 sf or about 7.4 yard.
Dump fee: You will be charged for 10 yards at $60/yard dump fee or $600 - Bay Area charges, should be cheaper elsewhere.
Labor: One day for one legal Mexican or $200.
Tool rental: You supply $60/day for jack hammer.
Appr total: $860 or adjust for you area.

$1256.80

Yes, look in your local yellow pages. alt.home.repair is NOT a place for price quotes.
PLONK

why? I seemed to have gotten plenty of helpful responses. Thats what people do in discussion groups. I said ballpark, and now have an idea of what I'm probably looking at.