Cost to Install $150 door, $2,328.00

"To protect against [lead contamination] risk EPA issued a rule requiring the use of lead-safe practices and other actions aimed at preventing lead poisoning.
"Under this rule, which was adopted in 2008 and took full-force effect this summer, 'contractors performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities, and schools built before 1978 must be certified and must follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination.' " http://taxdollars.ocregister.com/2010/10/01/new-federal-regs-will-hike-home-renovation-costs-but-how-much/65412 /
It's for the children.
On 10/3/2010 7:34 PM, HeyBub wrote:

http://taxdollars.ocregister.com/2010/10/01/new-federal-regs-will-hike-home-renovation-costs-but-how-much/65412 /
it's just another bullshit law that there is no way to enforce. I'll not be bothered by it and i rehab 2 to 4 one hundred year old houses a year.
--
Steve Barker

I bet you will be saying that right up until the day the government punches your ticket and won't renew your builder's/contractor's license for failure to follow all the laws and regulations that apply to the building trade...
Besides the fact that if you fail to follow the regulations which were imposed for safety reasons you could make people sick or contaminate their house while you are doing your work... Not to mention the repeated exposures any employees or steady subcontractors would be dealing with...
You sound like a bunch of lawsuits waiting to happen all because you think you know more about the way things work than the government...
Good Luck to you in your second career working at the McDonald's drive thru -- better make sure you start learning spanglish now...

I didnt vote for the law and would not have if they had asked me but seeing that its another reason for me to charge more and make more money, why not.