Cost of replacement of pressure reducer

Has anyone had a plumber replace the pressure reducer on the incoming water line? If so, how much did it cost. I am just trying to see how much I was over charged. Got the part (probably less than $40) instaled in about 30 or 40 minutes and paid $429.90 with the tax.
p4o2 wrote:

Hmmmm. <reaches for calculator> Let's see.
$429.90 -40.00 MTL (Valve) -40.00 100% MarkUp -30.00 Misc Mtls -75.00 Serv Call _______________
$4.90 LABOR
40/60 = .667 HR
244.90/.667 = $367.16 per hour.
Jim

and I bet it was the ONLY PLUMBER IN TOWN........
Call up a plumbing supply company and ask them the cost of a pressure reducer. I think it costs a little more than $40.00.

John Grabowski wrote:

$37.67 for a Watts 3/4" PRV
OP was real close at $40 and I'll stand by my calcs:
$429.90 -40.00 MTL (Valve) -40.00 100% MarkUp -30.00 Misc Mtls -75.00 Serv Call _______________
$4.90 LABOR
40/60 = .667 HR
244.90/.667 = $367.16 per hour.
Jim
p4o2 posted for all of us....

have any major problems such as bad shutoff or some such.
Ya got ripped IMO. But what was the agreement prior to start of work?
Provide more details...
--
Tekkie