Cost of replacement of pressure reducer

Has anyone had a plumber replace the pressure reducer on the incoming water line? If so, how much did it cost. I am just trying to see how much I was over charged. Got the part (probably less than $40) instaled in about 30 or 40 minutes and paid $429.90 with the tax.

Reply to
p4o2

Hmmmm. Let's see.

$429.90 -40.00 MTL (Valve) -40.00 100% MarkUp -30.00 Misc Mtls -75.00 Serv Call _______________

=244.90 LABOR

40/60 = .667 HR 244.90/.667 = $367.16 per hour.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

and I bet it was the ONLY PLUMBER IN TOWN........

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Call up a plumbing supply company and ask them the cost of a pressure reducer. I think it costs a little more than $40.00.

Reply to
John Grabowski

$37.67 for a Watts 3/4" PRV

OP was real close at $40 and I'll stand by my calcs:

$429.90 -40.00 MTL (Valve) -40.00 100% MarkUp -30.00 Misc Mtls -75.00 Serv Call _______________

=244.90 LABOR

40/60 = .667 HR

244.90/.667 = $367.16 per hour.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

p4o2 posted for all of us....

Uhhh, Speedy Jims calc are good. Obviuosly person doing the work didn't have any major problems such as bad shutoff or some such.

Ya got ripped IMO. But what was the agreement prior to start of work?

Provide more details...

Reply to
Tekkie