Cost of having a 3 season porch built in the Portsmouth, NH region?

Has anybody in this area done this? I want one about 8x20. I am only looking for a very rough estimate. Also, builder recommendations would be nice.

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

10 to 20k.
Reply to
marson

I'm in N. Illinois and have had two quotes for a 12 x 20 come in at $34,000. Of course, this includes frost wall foundation , casement windows, roof, etc. Waiting now for another contractor to come back with bid on downsizeed

10 x 30 that would let me use existing cement slab. Second contractor wants to remove old slab and put in new, tied to frost wall foundation. Third contractor says he can leave the existing slab float so that it won't raise the walls with the freeze/thaw cycles here. Should have mentioned that the first quote was for a prefab glass and aluminum 3 season room, the other stick built, but both at $34,000. The second contractor also wanted $25,000 for just a porch, no windows...he still wants to remove the old slab. Third contractor has put in 3 season rooms for relatives of mine and the price was reasonable and work excellent, so I'm awaiting his bid.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

A 14'x96' Commercial plastic film greenhouse kit costs about $700. Halve that for a lean-to greenhouse. Double it, installed.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam