Cost of a new roof ??

I am looking for an opinion on the cost of installing 37 square of Certainteed Grand Manor shingles with open copper valleys on a one floor ranch style home and attached garage in upstate NY.

The installation requires 130 feet of ridge, no hips, 55 feet of copper valleys, 18 feet of copper chimney flashing, and about 300 lineal feet of ice and water shield.

Two prior roofs need to be torn off the (tongue and groove) deck.

Job also includes 280 feet of gutter and downspout replacement with new seamless gutters.

The job requires removal of all debris from the premises.

Any rules of thumb or other basis for me to predict how much this should cost?

Thank you,

Baldy

Reply to
Baldy

Hi, I am in Alberta. getting tired of reroofing with shingles, I am having coated metal tiles installed. My house is 2 story which needs ~33 sq. of roofing material. I don't need new gutter(this may not be a roofer's job) Cost for the whole thing? ~30G CAD.(~24G USD) The new roof comes with 50 year non-prorated multiple transferable warranty. So I am done with roofing for the rest of my life, I hope, LOL! This coated metal tiles are European origin. It supposes to give some relief on our energy bill.(heating/cooling)

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Sounds like a good price. My house is single story 29 sqs. I was quoted 28k USD for metal and 8k for composite. I'm getting composite. Insurance is paying for it. Who knows? I may need another roof by the end of summer if another hail storm hits. I'm sure the insurance company would like for me to spring for the metal roof.

od

Reply to
olddog

How much does a beer cost where you live? Multiply the cost of a beer times 1104. Then take that figure and multiply times 37 for your sq ft. Multiply the cost of a hamburger times 130. Then multiply that times 871. For the gutters multiply the cost of a Martini times 4206. then multiply that times 280. For debris removal, take the cost of a complete steak dinner at your favorite bar and multiply that times

1458. Divide by the number of men who will clean up, and take the final figure and add $112,344. Then add the cost of what you paid for the house to that. Now, add up all the figures and divide by 3.17824 Find the square root of 37 and add that to this figure. Now add the cost of the 14.5 12 packs of beer you'll give the workers. Be sure it's their favorite brand. Now, if one of those workers is a fisherman, add the cost of one gross of worms, times two. Add to that the cost of the electricity they will use for their tools, and subtract 16.8% for the use of the radio because you'll also listen to the music. Add this to the final figure, and toss in an additional 62.69% because they will overcharge you that amount.

There you go, you now have the exact cost, give or take a few bucks in case they spill the nails.

Reply to
tarbender

Guy that did mine had a brother-in-law in the slide-off business. He did the debris removal so that only cost me a steak dinner times 1257. Steak dinners are costly in my neck of the woods, so I saved a bundle.

But other than anomalies like that your formula looks solid. [and if 2 or more people agree on Usenet it becomes truth]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

$7,683.15

Reply to
Limp Arbor

clipped

The Internet is "Gospel" according to my hubby. After visit to the doc, he gets his second opinion from "The Internet" :o)

Reply to
norminn

Hi, I wonder how he lived B4 the days of Internet?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

"Baldy" wrote in news:gs3rlp$4sv$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Lots of money.

Reply to
StepfanKing

Sounds real close to mine less the gutters. 40 year achitectural shingles about 8K$.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE