correct procedure for putting up door casing (molding)

Hey everyone. I put new prehung door in my closet, and even though I was as careful as I could be, when prying off the door casing (molding), some pieces broke. What is the proper procedure to put up the casing?? Sides first, then top, or top first and then sides. I am thinking there must be a correct way, especially to make sure the mitered joints match up the best they can? Thanks.

Reply to
Eric and Megan Swope

This may help

borgunit