Correct Leveler/Filler for Vinyl Tile?

I plan to lay new 12" self-stick vinyl tile over the 50 year old 9" vinyl tiles in my kitchen. As you might imagine, the old tiles have accumulated a few deep cuts, gouges and small holes, probably from moving appliances in and out. I doubt the new vinyl tiles will reveal imperfections in the floor underneath as much as sheet vinyl flooring does, but I'd still like to fill in the problem areas before laying the new tiles.
I looked at the flooring leveling products (Henry brand?) at Home Depot. Most say they work fine for wood and concrete, but none mention that they work on vinyl.
Anyone out there have experience leveling out vinyl tiles? Would the levelers that were designed with wood and concrete in mind also work on vinyl?
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:52:47 -0700 (PDT), Josh

Take a look at Armstrong S194 and S195; you should be able to find those.
You will find that the tiniest imperfections will telegraph over time, even with tiles, so take the time to get it really smooth.
HTH,
Paul F.

I've successfuly use the Henry Universal Patch and Skimcoat on vinyl flooring many times. I scrub, with a brush, and rinse it very well beforehand.
Depending on temp and humidity, you've got 10-30 minutes before it starts to set. I found using refrigerated water gives me more time. Once down you still have another hour or so to "shave" it with a putty knife.