corner shower stalls

Hi. My wife and I are trying to modernize our master bathroom. We are limited in space from the one interior wall of our current to where our toilet sits. We can't knock out a wall on either of the three sides. One side is an exterior wall, the other is back to back with our other bath, and the third is only has a partial space behind it because our house is a split level house.
We have considered using a compact space saver toilet to buy us an inch or two, and using a corner shower. We only have about inches from stud to the toilet tank. So with that said, if I am looking at a 36 inch corner shower, it the thirty six inch measurement one of the parts that rests against one of the walls (the sides of the triangle), or the main opening part? (I guess what would be the base of the triangle).
Do corner showers come in different sizes other than 38 or 36 inches? I have looked at HD and Lowe's and have seen nothing smaller than 36 inches? Would a plumbing supply house sell more variations? If a 34 inch were available, that would give sufficient clearance between toilet tank and shower.
If anyone has any links for corner showers as far as companies who sell and/or make them I would appreciate the help.
Thanks.
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:15:00 GMT, "Eric and Megan Swope"

I can't picture your layout, but you could build it custom.
I put in a corner shower with one wall longer than the other and one of the back glass set up on a tub island. used cultured marble for the back walls and pan and had a glass guy come in and put up the front walls and door. They buy a kit and just cut the extrusions and glass to fit the dimensions you have.
It cost more than the prefab drop ins but I got to maximize every bit of available space
Thanks for your responses. I will try to give you a picture of my layout, old house so small master bath.
(36 inches from left side wall studs to edge of toilet tank if replaced with compact toilet) Wall that backs up to other bath W B Toilet Vanity W a a a l t l master bedroom on this side l h l
door (Exterior Wall of house)

I agree with the cultured marble if you don't mind the price. They will come out and measuer it and then make it to size. I just installed one about a year ago and it is about 34" x 36" and this is not exect but it fits the space I had exectally. Then a glass door was installed, also custom made for the space.
Invest some money in one night at a motel 6 and use the corner shower before you decide you like it. I hope you and your better half are small people.

You stole the words right off of my fingers! We made the mistake of installing a 36-inch corner shower in our bedroom addition 12 years ago. I'm 5'7" and weigh 145 lbs., and I can't use that shower without feeling claustrophobic. On the other hand, my DH is 6'3" tall, 185 lbs., and uses it daily. But it was his idea to have it installed and he was too proud to admit his error...and of course after all these years he's become used to it. The good point is that the shower provides no real comfort so he takes very brief showers and our water bill remains under control. <G>
Liz
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

We put one in a remodel. The carpenter suggested making a 12" deep ledge out of the same cultured marble used for the walls. That made for lots of elbow room and a place to sit and shave legs. Liz M.
Eric and Megan Swope wrote:

http://google.com / for: Corner + Shower roughly 2 million hits...
I don't have a clear picture in my head of the room layout, but would a corner toilet help the layout?
Jim

i'm sorry, but google is busy today. please try again tomorrow.

I installed a round (half circle) shower i bought at lowes and it worked well. i didin't think the 36: would fit, but it did.

Hi ADC,
Sterling makes a 32" corner shower...take a look at http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1022521_4.pdf
Good luck!
Cin
--
Newsguy All-in-One Accounts: Unlimited, HiSpeed Internet Access, 2 SpamHippo
protected mailboxes, 50Mb website and 3Mb/month Newsguy Usenet downloads. Only

Hi Eric,
I posted to the wrong person! Here's a 32" Sterling corner shower:
http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1022521_4.pdf
Good luck!
Cin
--
Newsguy All-in-One Accounts: Unlimited, HiSpeed Internet Access, 2 SpamHippo
protected mailboxes, 50Mb website and 3Mb/month Newsguy Usenet downloads. Only
I put in a neo-angle shower made by Sterling an extension of Kohl's. This is the one that I put in: http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?itemB04603

Eric and Megan Swope wrote:

One fairly simple way for you is to consult a tile contractor about building a new-angle shower receptor. You can build it to the size you need or want. Then have a shower door outfit custom make the 2 side panels and door.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/corner-shower-stalls-25077-.htm wandakay28 wrote: I happen to have a 36" round corner shower stall. I purchased it for my house and found it too large, so bought a 34" to install. I have kept the 36" shower stall in hopes that I would be able to build a bathroom upstairs in a second house. But unfortunately the second house is in foreclosure, would like to sell this nice 36" round corner shower. It is still in the box, was taken out once to put together, that is how we found out that it wouldn't fit. But it was a special order and I was unable to return it.
Wanda
Eric and Megan Swope wrote:

WandaKay28