corner cracks in slab

This is on a new home in Houston with a slab foundation.
There are cracks on two different outside corners of the slab that go from about 3" in at the top to a point at ground level. If it came off it would be a triangular shaped piece.
The cracks are about 1/8" wide. What would be the best way to fix this?
mook Johnson wrote:

I would check your home warrenty first , for a new home, and contact the builder for rectification.
There are a variety of concrete crack fillers , some premixed in a sqeeze bottle but a relatively new slab should not be cracking.
This is on a new home in Houston with a slab foundation.
There are cracks on two different outside corners of the slab that go from about 3" in at the top to a point at ground level. If it came off it would be a triangular shaped piece.
The cracks are about 1/8" wide. What would be the best way to fix this?
_________________________________________________________ We had the same problem with our house after seven years. Called the builder. He said the problem was that they did not wrap the corners of the house with plastic correctly. Apparently this was a common practice back then.
Our builder sent a concrete man who told me the same thing. He fixed it by chipping the loose concrete off - it only went about a quarter inch deep, and then putting on new underpinning.
That was over a year ago, and it has not returned.
Hope this helps. Call your builder.
If its a new home it is under warranty. Call the builder.
mook Johnson wrote:

Some cracks are normal and will never be a problem. If it is a brand new house, have the builder check it out to be sure. You (or he) can put a caulk type material in them.