Corian repair

Are there kits or something to repair cracks in Corian counter tops? Is it possible for a homeowner to do this himself?

Reply to
George Becker

Yes, but you can't buy them. It is possible for a homeowner, but you are not allowed to repair Corian.

Corian only allows certified Corian installers to work with Corian. A person without this Certification cannot buy raw Corian or any of the products to work on it (at least not from a Corian supplier).

I get around this by having a friend that works at a countertop place that does Corian (among many other brands). When I need to do a small project he will give me the adhesive to do it (he can't sell it to me). You could try to cultivate a friend like that, but it may be a slow process.

In addition, if anyone other than a Corian technician works on your Corian, the warranty is void.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Is the crack stable? If it expands/contracts with temperature humidity changes, it is going to be difficult to fix and keep from recracking. Make sure the top is securely mounted and the cabinets underneath don't move when you lean on them, open and shut drawers etc before repairing.

Probably can be "fixed" by an epoxyed mix with Corian dust in it to match the top, then polishing. I would let someone experience fix it.

Reply to
Jeff