Corian - Remove Super Glue

Oops! Spilled a little in the bathroom sink. Doesn't look bad, but is a little rough after wiping. Thought about using fingernail polish remover or sanding, but thought I would check with those who know more about it than me!

Reply to
HugYourPug

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HugYourPug) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m10.aol.com:

STOP!! Do NOT let acetone (fipolish remover) get anywhere near Corian -- it softens it up and turns it into a gooey slime.

Sanding and polishing will work just fine. You can even get a little kit from your nearest Corian dealer. While you are there, ask for a pamphlet that will tell you about caring for your Corian.

Reply to
Murray Peterson

Stupid question: if acetone softens Corian, is it used to glue the seams? Does generic "solid surface" react with acetone?

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

hehehe I was asking myself the same question when I read the post...

Be nice if you could.

Christian

Reply to
Christian

Wayne Whitney wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pizza.private:

I don't think so. The resulting goo from our acetone spill never did harden up again. We just wiped it off, and then had to sand out the resulting pits and scars.

I have no idea. I can speak about the Corian from personal experience. However, I would be very careful about letting acetone anywhere near it.

Reply to
Murray Peterson

I recommend a razor blade used to shave the glue off. You shouldn;t have any residue from cleaners and shouldn't have anything more than a clean spot when done.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®