Cordless Tools - Another SUCKER PRODUCT

Page 5 of 5

We must have the same Makita because I'm still using mine. with only one set of battery replacement over 12 years. The damn thing is a powerhouse for a 14.4v. I love it and still use it often.

I still have my 9.6V Makita 6095D. I had to clean out carbon from the motor,it was making smoke. I'm on my 2nd pair of batteries.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
wrote in message
I have decided to add all cordless tools to the list of SUCKER PRODUCTS. People who buy SUCKER PRODUCTS are truly suckers, and the companies that make and see these products know there is a sucker born every minute. YOU could be one of them.
You might think that $49.99 cordless drill on sale at $39.99 is a bargain, and you quickly open your wallet and dump that amount on the checkout counter.
-----------------------------
I have a Ridgid 18 volt nimh 1/2" hammer drill that I would recommend to anyone. I've drilled thru 18 inches of concrete with a 7/8" bit (1/2" shank) built about 120' of fencing and a 12' x 18' elevated deck.
It's my only cordless tool although I am considering a cordless circular also from ridgid that can use those same batteries. I would think a good cordless circ saw can be useful but dunno about how long a charge would last with them.
I am 99 percent sure I have read that Home Depot sells their brand of cordless tools with a lifetime warranty that includes the batteries. Is this still true?
Has anyone ever tried to get a battery replacement from Home Depot? If you did, what was the result? Did they replace the battery without any problems?
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her

What I heard about the difference between dogs and cats. Dog looks at its owner and thinks, "He feeds me, gives me water, and caresses me. He must be God." Cat looks at its owner and thinks, "He feeds me, gives me water, and caresses me. I must be God."
--Vic
snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote: : I have decided to add all cordless tools to the list of SUCKER : PRODUCTS.
There are some bad cordless tools out there, and I agree that replacing batteries is a hassle, but I have three Bosch Litheon drill/drivers, and love them. Fast charge, incredibly convenient (compared to e.g., a big corded Milwaukee), and I've really been impressed with how well they work. Very strong, long battery life, etc. I sue them for all drilling unless I need a really big hole (like with a large hole saw). Terrific value I think.
: Oh well, the suckers who buy these cordless toys are the same idiots : who buy ink jet printers. These fools spend $29.95 for the printer, : then spend $50 for ink every two months.
Agree with you on inkjets, at least for typical person use. Photographers use them (my wife has several high-quality inkjets) and need their abilities, but the key seems to be using them *very* regularly. Otherwise they get clogged and dry up. Laser is the way to go for all text printing.
-- Andy Barss
If they were sucker tools, 99% of all commercial tradesmen wouldn't be using them. Same with inkjets. I don't have one, but my professional graphics artist colleague does, a commercial grade one, and it's as invaluable as battery power tools.
Not to worry. The OP is a hopeless troll.
nb
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:06:31 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss

I have both their 12V and 18V drills, drivers, and impact drivers (along with the 12V Multi-X). Fantastic tools. If I didn't need the batteries for several of the other DeWalt cordless tools I'd sell the DeWalts (gave one to the kid). DeWalts are junk in comparison.

Agreed. I could never keep an inkjet working. My HP P2015dn has been great. With after-market toner cartridges it's cheap to operate, too.