Cordless Tools - Another SUCKER PRODUCT

It depends on the cells. It's very common to parallel Li type cells. Car batteries are often paralleled, too. A diode is used to isolate them, though.

Reply to
krw

There is no way to say how many pages you get per cart. Font, white spaces, included photos, etc, all affect how much ink or toner gets used. Somebody could develop a standard, I guess, with standard files to print to use for comparing, but for obvious reasons that will never happen.

Reply to
aemeijers

re: "There is no way to say how many pages you get per cart."

Not so, at least according to Xerox.

The Xerox laser printers we use at work will tell you approximately how many pages you have left in each of the user-replaceable parts - toner cartridges, imaging unit, transfer roller, etc. They'll tell you the percentage of life left and approximately how many pages you can expect from each component.

I don't know if it's based on a standard or an average of what we use per page. I'll see if I can find out.

We have a maintenance contract with Xerox and these printers will email Xerox when the supplies are running low, triggering an automatic shipment.

Also found this (and others) via Google:

HP Black Toner Cartridge, 10 Pack Part #: C7115A-KIT-10. Yields Approx. 2500 Pages Per Cartridge @ 5% Coverage

Reply to
DerbyDad03

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have a beard trimmer that uses 3 AA cells in parallel.

One could design adapters for each power tool brand to accept a "standardized" battery pack,and sell the adapters,"standardized" battery packs,and smart charger. He could even make his "standardized" battery packs with easily replaceable cells.(and offer those for sale too)

if there's a market for it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I just printed out the Supplies Usage page from one of the Xerox printers at work:

Transfer Roller OK Pages Remaining: Over 2000

Imaging Unit - (Graph shows ~75% Life Remaining) Estimated Pages Remaining: 26300 - 26900 (Based upon average coverage for the life of the item and average printer job size)

Fuser- (Graph shows Yellow Exclamation Point) Estimated Pages Remaining 0 - 600

The 4 toner cartridges read as follows:

Black (graph shows ~75% Life Remaining) Estimated Pages Remaining: 2400 - 3600 (Based upon this toner cartridge's average coverage: 4%)

Cyan (graph shows ~65% Life Remaining) Estimated Pages Remaining: 900 - 1500 (Based upon this toner cartridge's average coverage: 3%)

Magenta (graph shows ~75% Life Remaining) Estimated Pages Remaining: 1100 - 1700 (Based upon this toner cartridge's average coverage: 2%)

Yellow (graph shows ~90% Life Remaining) Cartridge Status: Full

Reply to
DerbyDad03

snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote: : I have decided to add all cordless tools to the list of SUCKER : PRODUCTS.

There are some bad cordless tools out there, and I agree that replacing batteries is a hassle, but I have three Bosch Litheon drill/drivers, and love them. Fast charge, incredibly convenient (compared to e.g., a big corded Milwaukee), and I've really been impressed with how well they work. Very strong, long battery life, etc. I sue them for all drilling unless I need a really big hole (like with a large hole saw). Terrific value I think.

: Oh well, the suckers who buy these cordless toys are the same idiots : who buy ink jet printers. These fools spend $29.95 for the printer, : then spend $50 for ink every two months.

Agree with you on inkjets, at least for typical person use. Photographers use them (my wife has several high-quality inkjets) and need their abilities, but the key seems to be using them *very* regularly. Otherwise they get clogged and dry up. Laser is the way to go for all text printing.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

If they were sucker tools, 99% of all commercial tradesmen wouldn't be using them. Same with inkjets. I don't have one, but my professional graphics artist colleague does, a commercial grade one, and it's as invaluable as battery power tools.

Not to worry. The OP is a hopeless troll.

nb

Reply to
notbob

batteries is a hassle, but I

convenient

how well they work.

a really big hole (like with

I have both their 12V and 18V drills, drivers, and impact drivers (along with the 12V Multi-X). Fantastic tools. If I didn't need the batteries for several of the other DeWalt cordless tools I'd sell the DeWalts (gave one to the kid). DeWalts are junk in comparison.

them (my wife has several

them *very* regularly.

Agreed. I could never keep an inkjet working. My HP P2015dn has been great. With after-market toner cartridges it's cheap to operate, too.

Reply to
krw