Cordless Phone Question

This might be a bit off topic, but not sure where else to bring it. I am looking at a multiple cordless phone(base unit with 2 extra hand sets) to hook up to my VOIP phone line to have it throughout the apartment. There are no phone wires through the apartment so I need cordless through one land line. However, if I read one of the manuals correctly I cannot use two phones at the same time, such as when my wife and I want to be on the phone together in different rooms talking to somebody. Is this true? Do you know of any multi handset phones that will allow two handsets to be used at one time? Thanks.
Mike D.
Mike Dobony wrote:

these 3 from Vtech claim to allow you to "conference an outside call".
see here http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/store/dsp_products_list.cfm?parent#086

Many of the Panasonic 5.8 Ghz and Dect 6 phones have up to 4 way conferenceing ability.

I have one of the Panasonic 5.8 sets - can and have conferenced all 4 phones at once.
Jerry
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:51:40 -0800 (PST), Jerry

My Uniden system (5.8 GHz, supports 10 handsets) allows 4-way conferencing.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Art wrote:

What is such a secret in your phone traffic? You don't use internet? Latest in cordless phone is DECT 6.0. FHSS can be intercepted. Cell phone traqffic also can be intercepted.

Do you ever buy stuff by credit card over the phone? Do you ever have to call your bank and give them you password over the phone? I do. As for the internet, that is why they have secure sites for buying stuff. And your digital cell phone cannot be intercepted. Your analog cell phone could be but if anyone still owns one they probably won't be able to use it next year when the last analog system is turned off.
Art wrote:

I very SELDOM use credit card. I use CASH! I go to my bank in person. It's tone's throw from my house. You do sort of stupid things on your telephone. Secure means always there is a hole, LOL! Who made it secure? Cell phone interception is possible, just equipment for that is pretty expensive. I spent all my life in communications. Lot of years on military one; Stratcomm, IWCS, ICS, WWMCCOMM. I guess I know bit about communications. Analog, Digital, Wired, Wireless(over the air, deep sea, underground), Secured, Encrypted, Voice, Data, Telemetry, etc. You name it.

Do you lock your door when you leave the house or do you leave the door open? If the former, buy a DSS phone. If the latter go with a non-secure phone.

...and you write in the tempo of Morse! 8^)
Tony Hwang wrote:

Cheap mail or internet orders do not accept cash. I am not going to drive or fly 1,000 miles to pay cash for something that can be ordered over the phone and save me $20. I also do not want neighbors knowing about the woman who comes to us about her sexual abuse and needs some immediate encouragement, or any other forms of counseling. I do not want neighbors knowing how much I paid for that run down house I just bought to rehab and flip. I also do not want my neighbors knowing I am planning on visiting my son for a week. Etc. There are lots of things I don't want others to know about that is commonly discussed over the phone.
Maybe you don't care if your neighbor intercepts the call from your daughter when she called you about coming home and finding her husband in bed with your grandchild. That's your business if you don't care.
Mike D.

You can travel for $20??????
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:37:51 -0600, Mike Dobony

Why not just use a corded phone? Then the government will be the only one listening.
Mike Dobony wrote:

You certainly go off the deep-end! I have a facility with 72 cordless phones...one per person and their own number (outside line). These are varied technologies (900Mh,2.8Mh, 5.8Mh). It is my job to keep them working. In 9 years I have never heard or heard of any conversation intercepted by another user.
On Jan 18, 6:09am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you've never heard of anyone intercepting any cordless phone conversation, you shouldn't be managing any facilities phone or security systems. With analog cordless phones, it was common for this to occur. They even talked about how to change the channels in the manual if your neighbor happened to have one on the same frequency. Not a significant problem in single family homes in rural locations. But if you lived in a city, apartment building, condo, etc. it wasn't unusual at all. I picked up a neighbors call on mine one day when I went to make a call. The neighbor was talking loud and clear as a bell.
The advice to get a spread spectrum cordless is sound. It provides a very reasonable measure of security. Now, someone has already said that can be intercepted too. And that's true, but it can't be done casually by having a similar phone. It would require some very specialized, expensive and illegal eqpt.
yes, because everything we talk about is so Top secret....

cordless4u had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Cordless-Phone-Question-281244-.htm : pls check cordless Voip solutions on http://www.cordless4u.com/voip.htm
------------------------------------- Long Range Cordless Phones - Worldwide Cordless 4U http://www.cordless4u.com