Cordless phone intercom/paging

At least he's not a moaners hub webbie, or a top poster, or a Stucco Site webbie.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"ScottK" wrote in message

2X Cordless Home Phone Battery for Motorola MA560 MA561 MA580 MA581 MD550 MD670

Robert Green

Mr. Young, Did you actually *read* the post? The ancient OP indicated he wanted a unit that had the features of what he considered an intercom:

Which is *exactly* what I was describing.

Now, after rekindling my hope, I started poking around and found out that indeed, the more recent versions (5.8 Mhz) of the Panasonic lines had a feature they called "True Voice Paging" that did exactly this! I was excited and figured I'd check into the 6.0 DECT phones. Amazingly, in the 6.0 phones, they have removed this feature! I found several sites selling panasonic phones that list True Voice Paging as a feature but on the Panasonic site, the specs for same model numbers do NOT. My guess is the retailers can't imagine Panasonic removing the feature or they're just cutting and pasting the specs from a previous model.. Or both.

I went to a Fry's Electronics nearby and went through every Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone -- no Voice Paging. Not just Panasonic, either -- none of the DECT 6.0 phones had Voice Paging. So, off to ebay for me...

Scott.

Reply to
ScottK

Thanks for the link, Bobby!

I wish I'd had that years ago. My Moto system is long gone.

Reply to
ScottK

You're welcome. Don't you have a "resurrection box?" That's where I put things like your Moto phone to await their magical self-repair. Don't laugh, I've had a number of devices that have "healed" themselves after time in the box. Of course, an equal number of things have *stayed* dead, but a

50/50 revival rate isn't bad. (-:
Reply to
Robert Green

replying to Robert Green , CCK10 wrote: I see that this is now a 7 year old thread, but I am trying to solve the same problem.

Is there really no solution to wanting to create an intercom where someone can speak into a base station or handset and essentially have the speakerphone function turned on by the receiving handset without that person pressing any button? I am open to any kind of solution: cordless phone, stand-alone intercom, iphone app with dedicated old iphones. Any other solutions found to this? Thanks CC

CCK10

More time has gone by - but I am looking for the same thing. A cordless phone with "voice paging" or what panasonic used to call "Auto answer" on extensions.

I found the same thing - old specs for the Panasonic cordless DECT range that claimed true voice paging, but I downloaded the manuals and it isn't there.

thanks

Reply to
eslonim

replying to AaronJSherman , Buffbuh wrote: FOUND IT!!!!:

ATT TL96151

Has what they call Connect-To-Cell AND Push-To-Talk! To talk to any ONE or ALL other phones!!!

Spent the span of a day or two to find it. I'm going to try it out once the set arrives.

So happy to find it!

Manual here:

Bryan

Reply to