Cordless phone intercom/paging

Page 2 of 2
On 3/17/2014 10:23 PM, Retired wrote:

Which is noticably different than the ancient OP's idea of intercom.
--
.
Christopher Doorknob Young
replying to Stormin Mormon , ScottK wrote:

Mr. Young, Did you actually *read* the post? The ancient OP indicated he wanted a unit that had the features of what he considered an intercom:

Which is *exactly* what I was describing.
Now, after rekindling my hope, I started poking around and found out that indeed, the more recent versions (5.8 Mhz) of the Panasonic lines had a feature they called "True Voice Paging" that did exactly this! I was excited and figured I'd check into the 6.0 DECT phones. Amazingly, in the 6.0 phones, they have removed this feature! I found several sites selling panasonic phones that list True Voice Paging as a feature but on the Panasonic site, the specs for same model numbers do NOT. My guess is the retailers can't imagine Panasonic removing the feature or they're just cutting and pasting the specs from a previous model.. Or both.
I went to a Fry's Electronics nearby and went through every Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone -- no Voice Paging. Not just Panasonic, either -- none of the DECT 6.0 phones had Voice Paging. So, off to ebay for me...
Scott.
message
<stuff snipped>

2X Cordless Home Phone Battery for Motorola MA560 MA561 MA580 MA581 MD550 MD670
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Cordless-Home-Phone-Battery-for-Motorola-MA560-MA561- MA580-MA581-MD550-MD670-/171162314992? pt=US_Telephone_Batteries&hash=item27da11a8f0
--
Bobby G.

replying to Robert Green , ScottK wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Cordless-Home-Phone-Battery-for-Motorola-MA560-MA561-

Thanks for the link, Bobby!
I wish I'd had that years ago. My Moto system is long gone.

message wrote in

MD550

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Cordless-Home-Phone-Battery-for-Motorola-MA560-MA561-

You're welcome. Don't you have a "resurrection box?" That's where I put things like your Moto phone to await their magical self-repair. Don't laugh, I've had a number of devices that have "healed" themselves after time in the box. Of course, an equal number of things have *stayed* dead, but a 50/50 revival rate isn't bad. (-:
--
Bobby G.

replying to Robert Green , CCK10 wrote: I see that this is now a 7 year old thread, but I am trying to solve the same problem.
Is there really no solution to wanting to create an intercom where someone can speak into a base station or handset and essentially have the speakerphone function turned on by the receiving handset without that person pressing any button? I am open to any kind of solution: cordless phone, stand-alone intercom, iphone app with dedicated old iphones. Any other solutions found to this? Thanks CC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Cordless-Home-Phone-Battery-for-Motorola-MA560-MA561-

More time has gone by - but I am looking for the same thing. A cordless phone with "voice paging" or what panasonic used to call "Auto answer" on extensions.
I found the same thing - old specs for the Panasonic cordless DECT range that claimed true voice paging, but I downloaded the manuals and it isn't there.
thanks
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:44:02 AM UTC+3, CCK10 wrote:

replying to AaronJSherman , Buffbuh wrote: FOUND IT!!!!:
http://telephones.att.com/products/product_detail/3249
ATT TL96151
Has what they call Connect-To-Cell AND Push-To-Talk! To talk to any ONE or ALL other phones!!!
Spent the span of a day or two to find it. I'm going to try it out once the set arrives.
So happy to find it!
Manual here: http://cdn-media-att.vtp-media.com/media/p/document2/products/%7BB2FACB4A-6B72-47B8-897E-0AB3213F1C39%7D/TL96151_CIB_i2.0_20150811.pdf
Bryan