cordless drill question

does anyone know of a good quality cordless drill (don't need hammer function) that gets up to maybe 3000 rpm or so. A smaller chuck would be OK. It seemed like most are under 2000 rpms

thanks bill

Reply to
bill allemann

I thought my 3-range variable speed 12V Dewalt was fast enough, but it only goes up to 1800 rpm.

What are you trying to do? For something small and high speed, would a variable speed Dremel tool do? Cheaper battery operated ones do 15,000 rpm and newer ones can to 30k rpm on battery like corded models.

Reply to
David Efflandt

It's mainly for deep pilot holes into wood with drillbits at .125" or so. I was using an old hammer drill that went up to 3200 rpms and it was much better at clearing chips out of the bit than the slower drills. The downside was that the hammer drill was heavy, and now it has died altogether.

Reply to
bill allemann

==================== Heck I sswear by Milwaukee drills (.own )2 but I also own a DeWalt and a Roybi ...also own 3 drill presses and I can not remember the last time I needed to run any at anywhere close to 3000 RPM... I do 90 percent of my work in wood...and naturally drill a lot of pilot holes... BUT I think you need better bits... NOT more speed... Pine etc will gum up even the best bits however...

DeWalt and Milwaukee may be overkill for your use.. My Roybi is cheap and I carry it in the truck and would not be real upset if I lost it..BUT it works just fine... 14 V will handle 90 percent of yoiur needs...heck ever 12 V is fine for what you want to do..

Bob G. .

Reply to
Bob G.