cordless drill not working

Page 4 of 5  

wrote:

False logic.you wrongly ASSume it's a "good" use.

"everything"??? hyperbole. a sign your argument is weak.

it harms people,and there's NO good use of the crap.

check with any wastewater treatment plant.(I had a tour of one)

The evidence lies alongside most any roadway or street,and at wastewater treatment plants.Or wait outside any office where the smokers stand around outside the entrances and flick their butts away after they're done. the parking lots where smokers empty their ashtrays.You have to be willfully BLIND to not see it.

Uh,yeah,there is. "reasonable" is the key.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

<snip>
Wrong. It is a "good" use because it was "good" for the people in the transaction. It's not illegal, and is only "immoral" in your mind. The morality of "tobacco", which is just silly, has nothing to do with it. You're the one making the judgment, which is fine FOR YOU but has nothing to do with anyone else. IOW, you're just as bad as the leftist statists you rail about.

Water harms people. Better ban swimming. Again, YOU are making a value judgment and wanting to force others to walk lockstep with your values. IOW you're nothing better than the lousy statist you hate.

If you can't move the ball, move the goal posts a little further. Typical statist argument.

No, it's you who made the claim (MOST smokers...). Prove it.

No, it's clear that you're one of them, just in a different color shirt.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I did,you just refuse to see it.It's everywhere,IF you care to look.
willfully BLIND.

Ooh,"statist,statist"...Nyah,nyah....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're a LIAR. You provided nothing more than a restatement of your position. That is hardly proof.

Indescribably stupid.

I would have said nothing here, except to call out your *OBVIOUS* hypocrisy. It is nice to see that you admit to being a statist. That is a revelation.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It's like trying to prove to you there's light.

more namecalling;the sure sign of a lost argument.

its obvious you refuse to see the evidence all around you. Willful blindness. THAT is the "revelation".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Liar. You made a statement of fact. It's up to you to prove it.

Fact. I can't help it if you *are* what you hate.

No, it's called liberty. I still like it. You have obviously gone to the dark side.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I gave you the proof;you refuse to see it. It's called "denial". It's in PLAIN SIGHT,alongside roadways,in parking lots,all over the place. One just has to open their eyes and OBSERVE.

Heh,there's that "hater" thing again... Ow.

Now you're delusional. the "dark side"? Because I favor eliminating a disgusting,destructive behavior?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jim Yanik wrote:

It seems you, not the smokers, own the problem. I mean, I don't hear THEM complaining.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jim Yanik wrote:

Neither does designer water, Versacci gowns, auto tail fins, one color paint over another, or anything beyond, as Mao Tse-Tsung said, a watch and a bicycle. "Good use" or "need" is not the determining factor; WANT is the only thing that counts.

Or leaves. Cigarette butts are completely biodegradable.

Well, if we should conform our actions to the requirements of the municipal waste-water treatment plant, we've got some serious work to do regarding, for example, condoms.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
HeyBub wrote: (snip)

Uh, not so much, any more. Many of them have plastic in the filters now, and take forever and a day to break up, especially if not in direct sun.
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
aemeijers wrote:

Yeah, but the argument is specious. Look at all the other stuff that goes down the pipe: Tampons, diapers, bottle caps, small plastic toys, razor blades, inedible tacos, dead goldfish, cat poo, blah-blah-blah. I suspect that anything that can fit - and a few things that had to be dismembered to fit - has ended up at the plant one time or another.
But you raise a good point. I, myself, am doing MY part to save the environment by not smoking cigarettes with plastic tips! That way I know when I flip a butt out the window, that no harm is done.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[snip]

Sometimes I walk around, picking up aluminum cans. Once I checked and found twice as many beer cans (including a few full ones) than soda cans.
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

FULL BEER CANS!?!?!?! Oh, the humanity. (g)
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Likely discarded by teenagers that saw a cop car going the other way, and expected him to turn around and pull them over. Back in the day, I heard more than one local LEO say they never had to buy beer, just pull a Friday or Saturday night shift on road patrol, and act like he was being a good guy by confiscating the booze instead of writing them up, and letting the most sober one drive the rest of them home. Of course, this was all well before dashboard cameras, and cops being wired for sound, and teenagers being able to call their parents from the side of the road.
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I have apartment neighbors (young ones) that toss their trash on the ground next to their car,or slide it under the next car.They also toss their cig butts and BIC lighters right at the entryway;it now looks like it snowed there with all the accumulation. I can hardly wait until they buy a house,and kids toss their garbage all over their lawns and driveways.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[snip]

I know someone who almost lost a house on Christmas 2008. The cause of the fire was never determined, but it was likely smoking in bed, or a candle used to hide the stench.
BTW, the FPE electrical panel didn't help.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Or an electrical short. Or an arsonist. Or a lightning strike. Or a squirrel gnawing through a wire. Or a cat on fire brushing past the drapes. Or spontaneous combustion.
Or, and don't discount this, a miracle (think Moses and the burning bush). Did the homeowner start a church?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

well said!!
and so true!
crazy isn't it?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
dpb wrote:

But we can fight back.
My favorite retort when some granny lady starts flailing me with her umbrella all the while screaming "You godless Communist! You can't smoke here!" is "It's all right madam. I'm French."
Sometimes I say: "Put it out? You've got to understand, punk, I'm a grenade and this cigarette is my pin. So you have to ask yourself one thing: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you punk?"
On occasion I use the Nixon Response: "Put it out? We believe that it IS out."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Carefull, there. I can often tell, sitting at a traffic light, if the car next to me contains smokers. When both our vehicles have the windows closed. On the highway? It's very possible.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.