cordless drill not working

Let's Stop, My Finger's Tired

Reply to
gfretwell

So just be brave and go though Google. Can't imagine why that would be a problem with the ISP. There are a lot of newbies that need your acerbic wisdom.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Just another clueless smoker. Just the kind that forced the imposition of smoker control laws, because when someone honestly bothered by their exhaust said something about it, they took it as a personal affront and refused to be considerate.

The world is sure nicer now that it was 30 years ago. Smoke is only an occasional problem, instead of the continual attack it was then. Let's hear it for smoke free workplaces, restraunts, etc.

Reply to
Bob F

I was born well before the midle of the last century and I remember the radio ads saying "Lucky Strike Green Has Gone to war."

And how about "We're Tobacco Men, Not Medicine Men."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Joe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

Acerbic - never been called that one! New material :-) Been called lots of other things that mean about the same though :-(

I'm sure I'll look into it at some point, There's one heck of a honey-do list I've been warned of. Paint this room and that room, tile 1/3 of a level, full thickness hardwood another 1/3 of the level, redo a bath, more new windows, yadda yadda. Then the sisters condo 275mi south in CT I've been commissioned for. Then a buddy who has a 3000+sf 150yr old house mentioned just today the main beam rotted and things dropped 4" in some places. He'll definitely be the foreman on that one! [note to self...check life insurance].

Reply to
Red Green

you forgot step 3: try not to act surprised when it works. a.k.a. "I meant to do that"

Reply to
Joe

what are you supposed to do with the left over parts?

Reply to
chaniarts

Ryobi is of lower quality. A corded Milwaulkee is top-quality and about the same price as the cordless Ryobi. If you'd rather have a better cordless try Makita or Panasonic.

Reply to
Phisherman

If you are like me and love to check out pawn shops,flea markets and yard sales, keep an eye out for another 14v Ryobi drill. Yours is the exception to the rule on cordless --about 99% of the time the trouble is batteries. The tools themselves usually don't break or wear out. If you should happen to see one, you could probably buy it for a couple of dollars and assume the batteries are shot. If you have a spare drill, your original will never break again (Murphy's Law). I bought a 9.6 Makita wth two batteries and charger for $2.00 at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago-- the guy said the batteries were bad, but they seem to work fair, and I already had a couple of extra batteries I got for a dime each from a pawn shop that was moving, and didn't want to move all the loose crap they had laying around. Larry

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Smokers have every right to harm THEMSELVES. They have no right to harm me and thee. If there are places where smokers congregate, fine, I don't have to go there but there are places I have to go, like government offices and other public venues. I don't drink alcohol and don't go to smoke filled bars, if I do, because of my severe allergic reaction to tobacco smoke, I'll be sick for several days. I think every adult has a right to do whatever drug, drink or poison they want. Darn it, I've lost a lot of people I cared about to heart attacks, lung cancer and liver disease. I'm not in perfect health but I'm outlasting a lot of friends and it really hurts to lose them. The younger they are, the more tragic it is. I had a customer who was a nice kid in his early thirties, a very aggressive lung cancer took him too soon. He was a heavy smoker who left behind a wife and children. When I talk to my friends about what they're doing to themselves, they answer, "I know." I don't try to lecture them or pester them about it because it will just make them hate the messenger but I will tell them I care about them from time to time. I'm getting to point where I don't want to like anyone who has self destructive habits anymore.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:qoadneZPwIxgRAzWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Oh...eweeee...no way man. Have to check them out on that note.

Reply to
Red Green

Put them in the box where you put left-over parts. Be patient. Eventually you'll have enough left-over parts to build a new one.

Reply to
usenet-659f31de7f953aeb

No ex-smoker was as surprised as I was after I quit. I've been around car and diesel exhaust all my life, yet there is *something* about tobacco smoke that is distintive and completely different. Bring me someone who was around a smoker a week ago, and I can point him out. Show me someone who thinks he can hide his smoking from his spouse, I'll show you someone who was busted from the first minute. When you're in it, you can't notice it...when you're out of it, you can't help but notice it. It's more pervasive than anything I've ever known.

Reply to
usenet-659f31de7f953aeb

For whatever reason, they don't want to standardize the batteries. Even within the HF brand, there can be two or three different style batteries of the same voltage. So, when the battery eventually goes weak, you end up buying a whole brand new whatever the device is. I suspect they like selling "whole new".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had a contractor a couple weeks ago, who said he didn't smoke. I went to chat with him, and he opened the door of his truck. Well, the tobacco auora was really obvious to me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Carefull, there. I can often tell, sitting at a traffic light, if the car next to me contains smokers. When both our vehicles have the windows closed. On the highway? It's very possible.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Earlier response whose initiator I managed to lose, sorry.

Of course he might be sensitive to the "half of the crap" in cigarette smoke that isn't in highway stuff. REAL bad analogy, shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how allergies work, and is probably about the dumbest thing I have ever heard from the pro-smoking camp.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Hey, I resemble that remark. If it wasn't for you guys and the folks on the comic strip newsgroup making fun of me, I'd have no non-job-related social interactions at all, mostly. Or is that TMI?

But seriously- My ISP also dropped news (and they are now also dropping toy web site hosting, as part of moving to the Yahoo server farms), so I also signed up with giganews. No problems so far, only three bucks a month.

If I didn't have my e-mail address out there so many places (more than I can remember), I'd pull the plug on my ISP. I get my connectivity from a different company, so all they are now providing me is email and back-up dial-up capability. (I could care less about the 'features' on their silly home page.) If I had a wi-fi netbook, I could just go down to local coffee shop when the DSL was down.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

The nice people who smoke are respectful and understand but there are those afflicted with that "f*ck you" attitude who have caused the rash of laws to be passed affecting the right of all adults to damage their bodies any way they choose. There is such a thing as personal responsibility, you will suffer the consequences for bad behavior, not just your own bad behavior but the bad behavior of like minded people. People who smoke who feel their rights are being violated should be mad at the asshole smokers who have brought about the crackdown. It's such a simple concept to understand.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:hmtogl $4iu$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Oh yea. They piss me off. Like the ones who flip butts on the ground when there's a disposal nearby. Heck, if I'm in someones yard and there's no disposal around, I knock the head off and carry it with me.

Reply to
Red Green