Cordless Drill Battery

Anyone know of a web site that will take and refurbish drill batteries? I got a dewalt 14.4 that both batt's went bad, but the drill is like new.

Thanks All Bill

Reply to
Bill Becker

I've not used them, but from what others have said, they come back equal or better than the originals.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks

Reply to
Bill Becker

Look for a Batteries Plus retail store. Here in Charlotte they have a tech who replaces rechargeable batteries in packs; even batteries in electric razors.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Although between the refurb costs and shipping, it's often cheaper to buy OEM packs off of Fleabay. Ran into that with my ol' 9.6V Makita sticks.

Reply to
Andy Hill

The make of the cells is most important, Sanyo and Panasonic are tops. There is alot of off brand crap out there that is a waste of money. Like what came in my Ryobi-junk batteries

Reply to
m Ransley

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Their page was worth bookmarking. I never knew anyone did rebuilding of smaller batteries. Thanks from this keyboard.

Reply to
johnny

Rebuilding a pack is easy , the hard part is getting them open without breaking it.

Reply to
m Ransley

Andy Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Home Depot and my Harbor Freight local store both sell new Mak 9.6V sticks for less than $30 last time I looked. You pay sales tax,but not shipping,and don't have to worry if they will arrive or not.

Most larger cities have places that refurb battery packs,I believe. Check the Yellow Pages.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I went to the B&D factory outlet to get a 14.4 V battery. I asked them for the cheapest tool they had with a 14.4 battery with it. It cost half the price of a battery alone, so I took it. Although it is a useless drill, the case is better than the one I had with my good drill. So I ended up with a battery, a charger, a case and a drill that I can throw away with no regrets.

Reply to
Alan

I just strap a 12 volt car battery to my back and wire it to the drill. :)

Reply to
BocesLib

I usually wire in a 120->14v transformer, add a rectifier or two plus a cord and wall plug. Then I plug it into the wall.

Great thing is that the charge lasts forever and the drill is now almost as good as a corded one :)

Reply to
blueman

You just described every cordless drill I"ve ever had.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

When I bought a couple Drill Master cordless drills from Harbor Freight, I got the 12v drills, not the 14.4v drills. Cause someday the batteries would be dead, and I could run them off a lighter cord.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A 14.4 might have been better then as alternators put out usualy 13.5 v and lead acid batteries are not charged till 13.35-13.9 v

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
patrick mitchel