Cordless Drill

My Mother purchased a Dwalt cordless drill for me for my birthday......the sales guy sold her a drill that is so big you could build a skyscraper with it........way to big....nice drill though...the thing must way 5 plus pounds.......what would you suggest for household and general use....some thing I can also use for tightening or inserting small screws, drilling wood, etc.......I realize there are bunches and bunches of them.....thanks .....Gary

Reply to
Gary Boyer

I love my Ryobi drill. In fact, I received the whole set of cordless tools for Christmas from my husband. I find that they aren't too heavy but pack alot of power. My favorite of the set is the circular saw.

Reply to
new england gal

High quality, medium price: Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Hitachi Lower quality, low price: Ryobi, Black & Decker

You don't need more than 9.6v or 12v for most household applications. I've got a Makita 9.6V that I have had for years. I use it for everything from drilling holes in masonry to screwdriving.

Travis Jordan

It sounds like he sold her a heavy duty drill. She needs a light duty drill. Just exchange it for a 9 or 12 volt model. DeWalt is not bad, lower price than most and a little less quality, but a good choice for the use.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If you're dissatisfied with the Dewalt, you could always send it to me. I'll dispose of it safely for you.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

ME TOO!

birthday......the

use....some

them.....thanks

Reply to
Bob

In alt.home.repair on 30 Nov 2004 08:23:15 -0800 "new england gal" posted:

Is it true that the circular saw was invented by a woman? That's why I've heard, (but I've learned not to believe (or disbelieve, usually) things the first time or two that I hear them.) According to what I heard, she was a Shaker woman. Shakers lived in northeast Ohio, near Shaker Heights I assume, and one of their major ways of making money was making furniture.

Anyhow, I finally started using my 5 inch one, in addition to the bigger one, and the five inch one is great. (I hope to find my handsaw soon.)

P&M

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

True.

Shakers were very progressive with technology. They had simple lives and were also advocates of herbal medications. If you ever have the opportunity to visit a Shaker village/museum you'll find it very interesting.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski