Cordless battery replacement

A company named Top Cell is making battery packs for DeWalt, Porter Cable, Milwaukee, etc. cordless tools. Mostly they are in the range of 1.4ah rather than the extended range 2ah batteries. but they are also about 1/2 price ($26 vs $50). This appears a decent deal for the occasional tool user. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with these batteries? Bob
Bob S. wrote:

There are a number of places that are rebuilding batteries and I would guess some are using the better cells to do it. I would look further for a battery rebuilder.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Find out what brand they will use Panasonic and Sanyo are tops and always have been. There is alot of junk being made that is not worth it. I have Ryobis with probably chinese junk that were junk from day one and old 1985 Sanyos that work today
I wouldn't replace your batteries with ones that have nearly half the AH rating. I've had good luck using "recycled batteries" that I found. Some people had tossed out some with cells that I could use. The only thing wrong with them is that they had broken contacts. You could also find the exact type on ebay. Richard

Try these guys: http://www.primecell.com /
Cheers, cc