Copper oxidation problem

Hello,
My bathtub brass faucet and shower head are corroded with green "oxidation". It's unsightly and the wife wants it removed... What is the best way to remove that green and not hurt the rest of the finished surface. For example, I believe "brass wool" would remove the oxidation but it would scratch the rest of the finish. Also, is there a product out there that will keep the oxidation from returning?
Thanks, DJay
Is it covered with it on smooth surfaces,is it dull then there is no protective finish left, polish it. If it is stlll shiney and on the edges only maybe try Lime away or another similar acid cleaner for hard water. Once the finish protecting it is gone you will need metal polish, but if it is shiney metal polish will remove the protective Laquer then it will dull fast and need continous polishing.
djay wrote:

How about some BrassO?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've had marginal success w/ a spray-can lacquer.
Brasso (ask at your hardware store, it comes in a small can about the size of a Zippo lighter fluid can). apply with cloth, or whatever the directions on the can say.
Look for "brash finishing" on the net, maybe you can find a sealant. I don't know of any.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus