Copper Nails

Hi, I heard copper nail is used to kill tree stump. Is it so?

no, i have a friend who tried that repeatedly in a dedicated attempt to kill a tree that bocked his windmill.....

Maybe you are thinking of drilling holes in the stump and filling them with copper sulfate.. try a gardening group.

Behind my garage, someone planted 3 needle palm trees. Why I couldn't tell you. (Long story...)
Any there is little sunlight there, and they stayed small/sickly looking for eons... then they finally grew above the roof and took off like skyrockets. They were by now way to big dig out, and would grow into power lines if left be.
I cut off all the fronds, which reduced the stump height to about 4 feet. Man do they ever have long hard sharp needles! I thought I'd probably killed them. Nope, they came back really aggressively.
Cut them back again, and sprinkled rock salt over all the cut ends, and crotches... a good bit too, probably a couple of pounds. They laughed!
Cut them a third time, and had no idea what to do... but on a whim sprinkled them down with with some old leftover DexronII ATF.
It stopped them cold in their tracks, absolutely zero grow back.
It didn't take a lot, just coated all the cut ends, and poured some into all the up facing crotches. I kept it off the ground.
I'm not an Arborist, but have seen one played on TV. Above is presented for what it's worth... so be safe, use common sense, good judgment and as always; YMMV.
Erik

I haven't tried it but one of the old times here said a squirt of muriatic acid will kill a palm. Drill a hole and shoot some in. It screws up the pH in the tree and it dies pretty quick.
If you never ever want any palms again, grind up a ganoderma conk and spread it around the base of the trees

The usual recommendation is to paint the cut ends with Roundup.

That would be first degree premeditated murder. Are you ready to spend the rest of your life in prison?

Drill hole(s) @45deg to the vertical and pour in roundup. (Weedkiller).
Or (unless this is hidden sabotage of someone else's tree), ring bark it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_bark You still have the problem of getting it demolished and removed. Depending on what sort of tree it is, it may sprout/sucker from the base.