Copper corrosion on outside of pipes

My bath/shower drywall was recently tore out - builder installed tiles directly onto drywall. Well it rotted out and created a mold farm. I tore out all the old drywall and the copper pipes are green (not too much) and have like a white powder/sand substance on them at the joints. Is this from the flux? I have no leaks but since I have the drywall off, I'd like to do repair/maintenance now. Or is this a non- issue.
Only an issue of Claude Cooper from Cleveland, copped the copper clappers that Clara the Cleaning lady noticed weren't in the closet.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Per Johnny Carson and "Joe Friday" (?name) from Dragnet. Can you fill in the name for me ?

Jack Webb

Jack Webb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpVjW30I-YU

I was going to go look for the link, but you got it first. Thanks.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I though the copper clapper caper was hysterical.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 12/17/2009 5:21 PM, Tomas wrote:

Had same problem with shower. Did not take note of pipes condition but it's been over 30 years with no problem.

Is the white powder at the solder joints, or up and down the entire pipe(s)?

Just at the joints.

BTW: Acquaintance currently having major mould problem, older house. Problem first showed up as leaks onto ceiling of floor below. House was 'gentrified' a few years ago before acquaintance purchased it! After much investigation problem found to be leakage of shower water between a more recently in stalled shower liner (see gentrification!) and previous bath/shower (and also possibly the original improperly installed) wall tiles. Tearing out bathroom walls found grey/green 'plants' of mould growing in walls and below tub. Extreme 'yuk'! seemed to be case of 'Bad on top of bad' workmanship?.
Tomas wrote:

Copper oxidizes to green (or black); as a guess, the white may be a lead carbonate from the solder/flux.
Clean both and they will just return.
--

dadiOH