~Cope or miter??

OK, I can compensate for the room being out of square by back cutting and coping the inside corners. But what about the out of square outside corners? How do you make tight fits there?
Recently my wife bought me a "Magic Mitre". She saw a demo on QVC and ordered it. Darned thing actually works, and works well. You might look on their website. Basically, it's an adjustable angle that's placed on or in the corner, then the angle is transferred to an adjustable miter box. Works just like advertised - - - strange.