Cooper Lighting Motion Sensor Outdoor Light, Turning Light On

Hi,
I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor flood light. She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but wants to be able to turn it on and off like a regular light.
Note: She has a power switch in the house for that light.
Unfortunately a visit to Cooper's web site and a Google search did not result in a source for the owner's manual or the information we want.
It seems logical that there must be a way to turn the light on when you want it to stay on without taking the sensor apart and bypassing that circuit.
Do you know a way I can convert that into a regular on/off light by way of the power switch?
Thank You in Advance, John
PS, Remove "ine" from my email address
Add pictures here
✖

My light will come on and stay on if you momentarily flick the switch off and then back on. However, this will only work during the night. There is a light sensor that that keeps the unit off during the day.
There is also a test mode that works during daylight hours.
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah my el-cheapo ones work similar. Can't remember the procedure ................ something about turn off for less than five seconds or maybe turn off for more than five seconds, then on again and it comes on steadily. But agree that as adjusted now that may only be after dusk. However since the 'dusk' setting on ours are adjustable it should be possible, as far as I can see, to set the thing to ignore the dusk/ light setting. If it is necessary it's a pretty simple job change disconnect one wire and wire straight through. Provided as always you know, electrically, what one is doing!
Add pictures here
✖
On May 13, 10:54 am, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

All units ive seen the motion part cant be changed unless it has a dusk to dawn option operated by the photocell. If it doesnt come on at night by flicking the switch up and down several times and has no dusk to dawn feature remove the fixture and put in a socket.
Add pictures here
✖

Just bypass the sensing circuit and wire the incoming 2 wires to the 2 wires going to the light bulb itself.
Add pictures here
✖
I just did a Google search for "MS80W" and here's the link to the manual:
http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfiles/InstGuides/114200584322_MS80_IS_325-1276.pdf
To do what you want, set the switch to "Test", then turn the power off for 5 seconds and then back on. That should set it to work like a regular flood light that will just turn on or off with the switch day or night.
Hopefully you'll check back here to see the answer since I generally don't do email replies to Usenet posts.
Good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Hi Jay,
That PDF file I downloaded via the cooperlighting site is for a Regent, not "Cooper Lighting". Perhaps "Regent" is the brand made by "Cooper Lighting".
Even though the model number is the same, there is a difference on the bottom of the sensor. My relative's doesn't have the slide switch. I am sure I wrote down the correct model number, because I double checked.
I will have my relative try the procedure after it is dark, turn off for 5 seconds, then turn it back on.
If that works, I will post an update.
Thanks to you and the others, John
On Thu, 13 May 2010 15:39:09 -0400, in alt.home.repair you wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
You're welcome.
The pdf manual does ay on page 6 that the warranty is through Cooper Lighting and the manual has a Cooper Lighting copyright. So I assume that the Regent light is sold by Cooper Lighting. With the same model number etc., I think it must be the same one.
If it is a motion sensor light, I think that it must have a "test" and timer slide switch somewhere. I think that sometimes they are hard to find or see, but it should be there. The instructions for the 5-second power off say that it needs to be set to the "test" mode first, so you'll probably need to find that switch for the 5-second process to work.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Hi Jay,
UPDATE:
The procedure works! My relative reported after it was dark, she turned off the power switch for 5 seconds, then turned it back on, and the light stays on.
Thanks again to you and everyone, John
On Thu, 13 May 2010 15:39:09 -0400, in alt.home.repair you wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Excellent.
I love it when a plan comes together. (I think that's an A-Team line, o rmaybe it's from another TV show).