Cool Me Down

It's not that the statistics fail. It's that they often get misused. But if a competent engineer or scientist can figure out that failure by looking at the data, then it's not that the statistics failed, but they were misapplied, or accurate but irrelevant.
Bill Gates walks into a bar and a patron says to his buddy, "Congratulations. We're all rich." His buddy asks him why, and he responds, "The average person in this bar is now worth over a billion dollars." His statement is true statistically, but irrelevant. In a case like this, the relevant type of average would be the median and not the mean. A statistician could figure that out easily, and it should be obvious to everybody anyway. It's not that the statistics were wrong, but they were used wrong.
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:49:22 -0700, "Hagrinas Mivali"

I stand corrected.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

In a properly done study, they most likely would. One would have to look into other factors such as whether there were significant differences based on nation or region or prevalence of air conditioning in those regions compared to where you live. If the study was done properly, then it's reasonable to assume that it will reflect the tastes of a typical person.
But I'm not the OP and I didn't read the study.